2019 RAM 1500 Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dave1251
Ram has by far the best pick up on the market.

Until it starts falling apart. Their is a reason why the RAM has the worst resale value of the Big 3.

Originally Posted by A_A_G

Until it starts falling apart. Their is a reason why the RAM has the worst resale value of the Big 3.

Thanks for your profound insight. I'm going to take our fleet experience with them over some joker on the Internet that can't use the correct form of "there" in his mud sling.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by A_A_G

Thanks for your profound insight. I'm going to take our fleet experience with them over some joker on the Internet that can't use the correct form of "there" in his mud sling.

He is impressive with his mastery of the mud sling!

As for resale, you may find that the Sport model has much better resale than other models due to its relative rarity.

Last edited:
Thanks Steve
cheers3.gif

I loved my 2011 1500. It had some teething issues but it's chassis and cab were as right as the day it drove off the lot when we traded it in with 150,000km on the clock. One of the reasons we went with ram when moved up to a 1 ton.

Enjoy you 1500, they are great trucks!

Borderline literate read testers- another service offered at no extra charge to BITOG participants!

Originally Posted by MCompact

Borderline literate read testers- another service offered at no extra charge to BITOG participants!

lol.gif

Looks good. I think the Sport front end looks better than the chromed out ones. Where is the 4WD control located? Looks like it's with the shifter knob?

Originally Posted by 01rangerxl
Looks good. I think the Sport front end looks better than the chromed out ones. Where is the 4WD control located? Looks like it's with the shifter knob?

My wife and I would agree with you, the monotone look is preferable to us. Yes, the 4WD controls are right by the shifter.

I got my 2019 Big Horn last October and love it despite the two recent recall notices I got.. the one thing I found annoying though was that the hazard light switch is right under the screen and is very easy to trigger. I'll change something using the screen controls and wonder why my hazards are on at 65 mph. I suspect FCA will redesign that setup in the next refresh. ðŸ§

Interesting, we haven't had that issue with it. I believe it is in a similar location in the Jeep.

Originally Posted by RAR
I got my 2019 Big Horn last October and love it despite the two recent recall notices I got.. the one thing I found annoying though was that the hazard light switch is right under the screen and is very easy to trigger. I'll change something using the screen controls and wonder why my hazards are on at 65 mph. I suspect FCA will redesign that setup in the next refresh. ðŸ§

Many times I've grabbed the volume control or heater knob instead of the gear selector on my 2017. They're all within a few inches of each other. It's also really easy to bump against the 4x4 controls and activate 4x4 when you didn't intend to during a 3 point turn or such.

You don't even have to look or think about it when throwing a column or floor shift into park. With the rotary knob shift you have to look/verify every time. I suppose that's not a bad thing.

We've got roughly 4,000Km on the truck now. Gas mileage continues to be a sore point, but that's primarily due to driving style, so I can't blame the truck. On the highway, it yields acceptable mileage. It is certainly not wanting for power with the 3.92's, 8spd and 395HP on tap. My wife absolutely loves it, so that's a big plus. Took my dad out in it yesterday for the first time as I was dropping my daughter off for a camping trip and figured he might want to go for the drive. He was really impressed at how spacious and quiet it was. I'm thinking that when it comes time to retire his old Expedition that one of these will be the logical choice.

Hopefully warmer temps and summer blend fuel will help things out fuel economy wise. It should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back