2019 RAM 1500 Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice rig!! I sat in a Limited a few months back while milling around the dealer, as Bubbles would say "Decent!!!". To the complaints about air suspension and the 3.0 ED, there is an easy way to rectify that problem: CTD and leaf springs!

Congrats on the new truck. Ram would be my first and only choice for a pickup. Sorry to hear about the diesel, I was told by a few people to avoid the VM diesel when I was considering it in a GC.

I agree that the monochrome all black looks VERY sharp, especially including the front.

My Taco happens to be all black also.

May I give my highest recommendation to get CS-II Titanium Coating for your black paint ?...swirls !

I don't mean to shill, but this exact product is just outstanding.

The straight forward drive train is a plus...8speed...no cylinder deactivation nonsense.

Can you get Valvoline Modern Engine 0W20 in Canada ?...that's my next move...soon.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by Direct_Rejection

The straight forward drive train is a plus...8speed...no cylinder deactivation nonsense.

5.7 HEMI has cylinder deactivation. E-torque models also have stop start.

Originally Posted by Skippy722

shocked2.gif

Oh no.

Dude. Shoulda stuck with the Italian diesel.

We don't have stop-start (thank God). Very familiar with MDS, we've had 4x HEMI's with it now and had no problems with it.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

We don't have stop-start (thank God). Very familiar with MDS, we've had 4x HEMI's with it now and had no problems with it.

No start/stop is a big plus in my book! And they still don't have DI, would be another plus for me.
27.gif

Its a real nice looking truck. IMO nicer looking than the new GMs. But.. I'm still nervous about electronic switches controlling P,N,D. Especially on Chrysler products which have a bad recent history popping out of gear and rolling away. Or maybe this is the fix and Chrysler blames the operator for bumping the shift column haha. Is it nice to have it gone?

Good to hear from someone credible and from Canada about the perils of owning a diesel that isn't driven for long stretches every day. My brother is looking at new F150s and has mentioned the diesel option and I'll be sharing your experience with him.

Overkill- Sorry if I missed it, but is your new Ram equipped with E-torq? I know a few people with new 2019 hemis and non of them have it.

I guess it comes standard with the pentastar powered Rams on the all new 2019s. Probably best given the amount of room under the hood with the 3.6L.

Originally Posted by JTK
Overkill- Sorry if I missed it, but is your new Ram equipped with E-torq? I know a few people with new 2019 hemis and non of them have it.

I guess it comes standard with the pentastar powered Rams on the all new 2019s. Probably best given the amount of room under the hood with the 3.6L.

Nope
smile.gif

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
Its a real nice looking truck. IMO nicer looking than the new GMs. But.. I'm still nervous about electronic switches controlling P,N,D. Especially on Chrysler products which have a bad recent history popping out of gear and rolling away. Or maybe this is the fix and Chrysler blames the operator for bumping the shift column haha. Is it nice to have it gone?

I don't think it's a big deal. The issue was folks not putting them into Park and then getting out of the vehicle. A programming update that puts the vehicle in Park when you open the door when it is stopped and won't let you shift out of park with the door open was designed to resolve the issue.

Here's the original issue with the ZF shifter:
https://jalopnik.com/heres-the-problem-with-jeeps-recalled-gear-shifter-1782364420

And the resolution:
The new software is dubbed AutoPark, and it works basically the same way it sounds. Should the driver shut the car down while it's still in gear, AutoPark will automatically engage park and leave the vehicle in its accessory mode, allowing the radio and other features to stay active for 30 minutes. Additionally, AutoPark will activate if the driver door opens with the seatbelt unlatched.

Originally Posted by madRiver
Sorry the diesel was dud. The loss stings but at least held a good portion of the steepest depreciation curve.

Yeah, we were glad the loss was relatively minor.

OVERKILL, thank you for the heads up on the Multi-Displacement System.
I value your takes and will reconsider.

Sidebar.
Valvoline emailed me today that Modern Engine would be beneficial in my 10-year-old-design engine,
but Advanced Synthetic 0W20 is their recommendation.

You and your wife should have years of great service from this handsome truck.

Originally Posted by Garak
I was thinking maybe you and StevieC should get together and see if you can get a fleet discount for the frequency with which you guys buy vehicles.
wink.gif

My Journey was taken out by an accident or I would still be driving it and that is why I bought the Toyota. Got rid of the Toyota over the Transmission issues I didn't forsee. Otherwise I drive them till the wheels come off or they eat a camshaft. Like the Santa Fe.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back