2019 RAM 1500 Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Nice truck.

Why bother getting a diesel engine if its used 99% of the time as a personal vehicle and not for towing ?

You can buy a lot of gas for the $8,000 premium for a diesel engine.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Nice truck.

Why bother getting a diesel engine if its used 99% of the time as a personal vehicle and not for towing ?

During the summer months it did frequent towing and weekend trips to the cottage. Our cottage is not really winter access and the only towing is the odd 4-wheeler trip, which wasn't frequent enough apparently.

Some pics of it clean. Really like the dark exhaust tips.

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

I own a 2016 RAM Limited 4x4 Hemi and it is heads and shoulders above the rest. Nobody does interiors better than RAM and the '19 model raises the bar even higher. I am going to sit back and see how the 2019 does and make sure any issues are worked out and then I might get a new one on 2021. Mine only has 46k miles now so I am in no hurry.

I'm a GM guy to the bone, But gotta hand it to Ram for making a nice looking rig

Hopefully all the new model bugs are worked out and it might go on my "radar" in a few years
wink.gif

Dave

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by LeakySeals
Its a real nice looking truck. IMO nicer looking than the new GMs. But.. I'm still nervous about electronic switches controlling P,N,D. Especially on Chrysler products which have a bad recent history popping out of gear and rolling away. Or maybe this is the fix and Chrysler blames the operator for bumping the shift column haha. Is it nice to have it gone?

I don't think it's a big deal. The issue was folks not putting them into Park and then getting out of the vehicle. A programming update that puts the vehicle in Park when you open the door when it is stopped and won't let you shift out of park with the door open was designed to resolve the issue.

Here's the original issue with the ZF shifter:
https://jalopnik.com/heres-the-problem-with-jeeps-recalled-gear-shifter-1782364420

And the resolution:
The new software is dubbed AutoPark, and it works basically the same way it sounds. Should the driver shut the car down while it's still in gear, AutoPark will automatically engage park and leave the vehicle in its accessory mode, allowing the radio and other features to stay active for 30 minutes. Additionally, AutoPark will activate if the driver door opens with the seatbelt unlatched.

Phew. Thas good news. I really like the looks. How is the ride? Do the new ones still ride like trucks, or does the electronic suspension make them ride more like cars? I see a mid 2k Ford Escape in the background. Stay away from that. let it pass. The suspension is known to separate from the frame in rust prone areas lol.

The ride is excellent. The 2018 had very good ride, the 2019 is even better. And don't worry, I have no interest in that Escape
lol.gif

See those headlights look good, but the pictures of lower trim models make it look like the outgoing Silverado model to me.

Just an update:

Took it into the dealer to have the running boards installed.

I've also plugged it in and there were updates for:
- PCM
- TCM
- Blind spot monitoring system
- Transfer Case and control system

The last one addressed a funky "bump" shift feeling, almost feels like a firm shift periodically that I'd noticed a couple of times and had been wondering about, so it was interesting this was addressed via an update. The others were relatively minor fixes/improvements.

Cool truck. Amazing that you only lost 4k going to the new generation truck. Gas > Diesel until you need a dually.

We purchased our Sport RAM because of its remarkable lack of "glitzy" chrome everywhere. I see they have preserved that with the new model.

Great looker, same running gear and rear end as mine. Fantastic power and economy.

Only drawback is a low speed limiter!

Congrats enjoy GM somehow decided to present a poopy truck and the F150 has more get up and go but it has a cheap early 21st century plastic fest interior Ram has by far the best pick up on the market.

OVERKILL it's gorgeous....

As to DPF, 32,000km on the Colorado and the regen light hasn't come on a single time.

Same for wife's captiva

Nice looking ute
smile.gif

Following on from Shannow - 58,000km in my Outlander, never a DPF issue, nor in the last 3 Ford Ranger work utes I've had - combined 300,000 plus km. Seems like the emissions equipment in North America just kills the diesels?

Originally Posted by hpb
Nice looking ute
smile.gif

Following on from Shannow - 58,000km in my Outlander, never a DPF issue, nor in the last 3 Ford Ranger work utes I've had - combined 300,000 plus km. Seems like the emissions equipment in North America just kills the diesels?

Yeah, certainly seems that way
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back