2019 Honda Ridgeline, thoughts?

Honda was smart to put their AWD system on the Ridgeline. This is a classic example of what many pickup truck owners experience unless they throw it into 4WD.

What we didn't see is the truck spin out at the next corner.
lol.gif

LOL! Yeah well he was at least able to get through the light while the others were stuck.

It has been over six months since I bought my Ridgeline. I've been meaning to do a review but haven't had time. Briefly, I like the truck a lot. I'm getting between 24 and 25 MPG driving about 70% highway and 30% city traffic.
I have towed a zero turn mower on a 16' trailer with no problems, the truck handled fine. Plenty of power, very comfortable. I like the blind side monitoring. I don't see much value in the auto steer. Lane keeping assist is just ok, I'm kind of lukewarm on the value it brings. I do like the collision avoidance, the part where it will brake in an emergency. I have not needed it, it just gives me a little comfort that it is there.
Android Auto is great, not a feature exclusive to Honda but this is the first vehicle I've owned that has it and I think it is great.

Things I feel could be better:
A trim panel on the passenger side had a rattle. I fixed it with a piece of foam, but that should not have to be done on a new vehicle.
I wish the front end looked a little more like a truck, not a car. This is subjective, and if it were "squared off" to make it more truck like the gas mileage would no doubt be reduced. And I knew what the truck looked like when I bought it, so I realize I'm nitpicking here.
Navigation is very clunky, Google maps is so far ahead of Garmin. This is part of why Android Auto is great.

Overall, I'm very happy with this Honda. I have not needed to add any oil, the level stays right on the full line. The engine is quite, smooth and strong. The transmission shifts are very good and the truck seems to select the right gear for the load/speed, no "hunting".
I had some concern that the air conditioner might struggle since this is the first black vehicle I've owned but the AC keeps up fine.
The audio is very good.
I will report back in a few months, but overall I give this Ridgeline a big thumbs up.
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
^ nice. Glad you like it. I'm not brand loyal when it comes to trucks. I grew up around F-150's and Broncos. I had a Ram and Nissan. They are all great in their own way.

For a daily driver, the Ridgeline is extremely appealing. Fantastic AWD system, good fuel economy. I agree with the front. Could use a more truck-like look to it.

Back