2019 Honda Ridgeline

Thinking of getting a 2019 honda ridgeline. It has 15k for $29000. It is certified preowned. Seems like a decent deal in this market. any thoughts on these little trucks and a rating of this deal? I just need to make up my mind if i should get this or a crossover.

Brace yourself for 'not a truck' comments.

The Ridgeline was my first choice when I went truck shopping back at the tail end of 2019. The only reason I got the Ranger was that I got a new Ranger for the same price as a used Ridgeline at the time. One only has to look at the used Ridgeline market. People keep them forever and drive the fool out of them.

If it fits your needs, it should be a solid vehicle for you.

$29000 for low mileage 19 model sounds like a really good deal. Those trucks were going for $5-10k more than that in our area just a few months ago.

I have a 2017 model and have really enjoyed owning it. I regularly take mine on 300-500 mile trips and it excels at highway cruising.. It's quiet, rides like a SUV, and steers straight as a laser beam. The seats are comfy, the sound system is superb, and highway gas mileage is usually a little above 25.

Since you say you are considering a crossover I presume the "not a real truck" argument is actually a positive factor in this case. I would think your decision would come down to whether your needs are a vehicle for hauling people or stuff. The Ridgeline is a great stuff hauler. In addition to the bed obviously, with the rear seat folded up the back half of the cab is cavernous, and there is also the invisible locking trunk under the bed for things you don't want anyone to be able to see.

I really don't know if the rear seat is suitable for regular sized adults and long trips however. My rear seat has only been used once. That would be something to check out before making your decision.

Love mine, best all rounder I've ever owned.

Perfect midsized truck for me. Its AWD system is superb on par with anything on the road and it's surprisingly good off-road.
What it gives up in pure off-road it picks up in street manners handling and comfort- it's a a great driving truck that swallows the longest drives with ease.

That price sounds suspiciously low - I looked up the value of my rig just today and its a 2017 RTLE W 55K and saw low 30's.

I looked at one when I was truck shopping (March/April 2020), I mostly liked it but I wanted something that was RWD at its heart and that’s the only “negative” opinion I have on it.

Having owned a crossover (2011 Durango), I find having a bed far more useful than the cargo space of a crossover. I like not having to worry about bags of sand/salt/dirt/whatever spilling inside of the vehicle, just sweep out the truck bed if it bothers you and you’re good to go!

That price looks good! I had considered them as well, and as a truck guy, once scoffed at them. However, I can’t justify a truck, and need something that can haul the family. The Ridgeline and Maverick fit the bill, but are difficult to find. I didn’t know about the Santa Cruz at the time.

In the end I bought my Rogue due to a desire for more MPG’s, figuring I can rent a truck when needed, or use our minivan for the big stuff.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Back