2017+ Honda Ridgeline owners?

On average, a new Ridgeline will achieve 20.2 to 20.5 MPG according to "fuely". I've found the the data there to be relatively accurate, due to the high sample size. In real world terms, that's better than any full sized gas pickup truck. Period, end of story.

I like the Ridgeline, and I'm giving a little thought to purchasing one.

I'm not a fat guy, but I am full sized and I find the Ridgeline cockpit to be confining, the seat does not go back far enough for me. Maybe the 2021 is better, I'll have to check it out.

Last edited:
I recently bought a 2019 Ridgeline Sport with 9k on the odometer and a bed and tow hitch that both look brand new. It was a one owner lease return and was leased one month before the planet shut down, and retuned 10 months later.

Anyway, it is absolutely the right tool for the job that I need it to do. I cross shopped the Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Toyota Tacoma and Ford ranger and the Ridgeline destroyed them all in the things that are important to me.

I'm a 53yr old dude who needs it to haul my CRF 450, MTBs, as well as the occasional freezer, fridge, couch and Lowes stuff.... and for the other 97% of the time, I want it to drive like a luxury car.

^ Mission accomplished.
" Anyway, it is absolutely the right tool for the job that I need it to do. "

That's my train of thought. All the truck I need.

A few links

I'm just trying to figure out what all those people with Ridgelines towing things, putting stuff in the bed, etc. are thinking. Don't they know it isn't a truck?

I am thinking of replacing the Ram with one (in many years when the Ram explodes beyond repair), especially now that the front end styling is distinguished from the Pilot/Passport and actually looks good to my eye (not to say it looked bad before, just not "cool guy truck" enough for my tastes).

I'm just trying to figure out what all those people with Ridgelines towing things, putting stuff in the bed, etc. are thinking. Don't they know it isn't a truck?

I am thinking of replacing the Ram with one (in many years when the Ram explodes beyond repair), especially now that the front end styling is distinguished from the Pilot/Passport and actually looks good to my eye (not to say it looked bad before, just not "cool guy truck" enough for my tastes).
So what is your definition of " a truck " .
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but think that trucks come in many different classes.
Ridgeline. Class of it's own.

So what is your definition of " a truck " .
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but think that trucks come in many different classes.
Ridgeline. Class of it's own.
I was hoping the sentence made it clear I was being sarcastic, and that the Ridgeline can do everything most other trucks do, since it is also a truck.

I am not clear why having a frame v. unibody has become the hill some folks have decided to die on. The Ridgeline can do a ton more than an older Ranger, a vehicle people here fawn over as a wonderful small truck. I also recall some older trucks (maybe a Ford) that was a unibody, and nobody said "well HELL this isn't a truck."

My Ridgeline is rapidly becoming the best all rounder I've ever owned and the go to vehicle in my house.
In the Ridgelines case unibody also means IRS which puts is ride and handling in a different league than any pickup regardless of size.
It's AWD system is phenomenal.

Trucks are like socket and wrench sets.
1/4 set would be a midsized truck, 3/8 is a half ton, 1/2 inch is like a 3/4 ton dually.

In this pict
I get 20 in the city and 25 on the highway at high speed 75+
If I keep it at 70 or below I can get 30 on the face with very little effort- pretty astonishing
For the first 165 miles I was running an indicated 30.2 (at least 1.5 MPG optimistic) lets just call it 28.
Even though the speedo says 75 I had just clicked to to that speed so the number is indicative of 70
at a steady state 75 It's around 26 on its face.

IMG_1003.jpeg

On average, a new Ridgeline will achieve 20.2 to 20.5 MPG according to "fuely". I've found the the data there to be relatively accurate, due to the high sample size. In real world terms, that's better than any full sized gas pickup truck. Period, end of story.

I like the Ridgeline, and I'm giving a little thought to purchasing one.

I'm not a fat guy, but I am full sized and I find the Ridgeline cockpit to be confining, the seat does not go back far enough for me. Maybe the 2021 is better, I'll have to check it out.

Interesting I never checked how much might be remaining in my front- back movement, but - if ya dont fit ya dont fit.

Width wise the cabin is much wider than my rx400H and about as wide as my titan cabin.

On the 2021 Im going to guess making the truck look "more macho" also increases the CD, a tradeoff in the wrong direction for me as I spend much more time at high speed than looking at the front of my truck wishing it looked different and made more noise.

I was hoping the sentence made it clear I was being sarcastic, and that the Ridgeline can do everything most other trucks do, since it is also a truck.

I am not clear why having a frame v. unibody has become the hill some folks have decided to die on. The Ridgeline can do a ton more than an older Ranger, a vehicle people here fawn over as a wonderful small truck. I also recall some older trucks (maybe a Ford) that was a unibody, and nobody said "well HELL this isn't a truck."
Got it now. And also don't get the semi vintage Ranger love. I owned one, a '98 that I bought new, for 13 years. Good little truck but downright primitive by any of today's standards.

I've had 2 Ridgelines, a 2011 RT and a 2020 RTL-E. Both have been fantastic vehicles. I don't do any heavy duty towing (a pontoon boat twice a year, putting in, taking out) but I have no issues when I do tow. Love the gas mileage of the current 2020 which averages 23.0mpg in mixed use. I get close to 26pmg on highway trips averaging 75mph+. I only have 11k miles on it, but so far the 9 speed tranny has been great. The only option I wish it came with is cooling seats. It's comfortable, quiet and does everything I need it to do. The AWD does a nice job in Michigan winters. I have no plans to go off-roading or towing 7,500lbs trailers/boats, so it works great for me.

Back