Ridgeline anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any Honda Ridgeline owners here.
I would like to hear the likes,dis-likes.
Troubles and triumphs and advice.
I am considering a future purchese of a mid trim rtx or rtl.
Thank you for any replies.

If you want an "off road" vehicle where the exhaust pipe hangs below the rear suspension arms, then this is the vehicle for you. If you plan to use this vehicle in fields, muddy areas, etc, take a long look at the 4wd system. It is NOT a 4 wheel drive pickup! If you want a Lowes/Home Depot tote it home type of vehicle, than you might be happy with this.

I have to admit that I think the Ridgeline is kind of interesting, if you have really no need for pickup other than some really light duty stuff, and never go off road.

It's def not a real pickup.

If you want the LOOK of a truck, without the FUNCTIONALITY of a truck, and want Honda gas mileage, I'm sure it is a good choice.

Originally Posted By: killagt
Buy americans cars or left behind !!

Last time I checked, the Ridgeline was manufactured in North America by North American workers.

If you need a pickup for actual work, get a real truck...as in one with a frame.

Ridgelines tend to get ripples in the sheetmetal if driven in situations where the body will flex. That should give you an idea of their ability to handle truck tasks.

You could probably get more functionality out of an Odyssey van, which is what the Ridgeline is based off of.

If you need a mid size crew cab truck, look at the Nissan Frontier and Suzuki Equator twins. If you need a small truck to beat the snot out of and only carry two people, look at my signature.

Originally Posted By: toytundranator
If it can't carry plywood flat in the bed, then it's not, IMO.

That rules out everything without an 8' bed and doesn't take payload capacity into account. Size does not equal good payload capacity.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Originally Posted By: toytundranator
If it can't carry plywood flat in the bed, then it's not, IMO.

That rules out everything without an 8' bed and doesn't take payload capacity into account. Size does not equal good payload capacity.

My Expedition can carry it flat with the seats down, does that count? LOL!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
My Expedition can carry it flat with the seats down, does that count? LOL!
grin2.gif

Same with my Odyssey. I've done many loads of drywall, ply and lumber with it. As far as the Ridgeline goes, they seem pretty comfortable and functional. I like the interiors on them plus you can easily get 5 people in/out of them. MPG is not good on them though, you're talking 15/21. Might as well get a 'big truck'.

Joel

Everyone here has answered questions he isn't asking. He never asked about pick-up duties, he asked about reliability, trim packages, and owner likes/dislikes of the Ridgeline. You guys couldn't wait to tear the vehicle apart.

My uncle owns one and loves it. His is the top trim package. He puts about 30k miles on it a year with zero issues. Another guy I know also drives one and echos my uncles opinion. Neither of them believe it is a pickup, one of them tows a motorcycle trailer all over the western US with it.

"Everyone" was a poor choice of words, I apologize.

my post was in reference to the posts such as:

"If you want an "off road" vehicle where the exhaust pipe hangs below the rear suspension arms, then this is the vehicle for you."

"Yuppie suv."

"If you need/want a truck, I do not think the Ridgeline is for you."

"Buy americans cars or left behind !! "

etc.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Everyone here has answered questions he isn't asking. He never asked about pick-up duties, he asked about reliability, trim packages, and owner likes/dislikes of the Ridgeline. You guys couldn't wait to tear the vehicle apart.

He didn't ask about reliability. He asked about likes and dislikes, and I posted the things I dislike about the Ridgeline.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

He didn't ask about reliability. He asked about likes and dislikes, and I posted the things I dislike about the Ridgeline.

From who did he ask those opinions 01rangerxl?

Originally Posted By: RichR
Do we have any Honda Ridgeline owners here.

Clark

When you find a Ridgeline owner here, let me know. If there are any, they don't seem too interested in giving the OP advice.

He asked for advice and got it. Just about every thread in the "Vehicles" section has posts from people who don't own the vehicle being discussed. That doesn't mean their opinions/advice are not valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back