2015 Mustang GT 5.0 Oil Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
6-speed ... black with black/saddle interior. Fun car, lots of power, 435HP. Ford made a lot of nice changes with the 6th generation Mustang.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Of the two newer Mustang and Camaro styling I like Mustang much better. I also like smaller Mustang for better handling on mountain roads.

Watching this thread as I'm trying to choose an oil too. I'll probably end up buying motorcraft full syn, but haven't decided on a weight yet. I'm leaning towards 5w30 for the Texas heat.

I find it interesting they used to recommend 5w50 for the performance package cars but they abandoned that for 2015.

Amsoil ASL 5w30 SS...it's got a good dose of Moly and Boron. Outstanding oil for the 5.0 2015 mustang IMO. I was just at a Mustang car show in Round Rock, TX on sat 3/27/15 and guys with the GT500 and 5.0 coyote running AMSOIL and Mobil 1 seemed to be the popular choices.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
^ Automatic or manual?

6-speed ... black with black/saddle interior. Fun car, lots of power, 435HP. Ford made a lot of nice changes with the 6th generation Mustang.

Photo 1

Photo 2

NICE!!
thumbsup2.gif

Congrats on the new ride!
19.gif

^^^ Thanks! All is good so far, except I forgot how hard it is to keep black paint looking good and from showing every scratch! Time to research the latest high-tech paint products.

Also need to decided what oil to choose for oil change #1. Probably going to change oil at 1500~2000 miles and use Motorcraft 5W-20 semi-synthetic again until 5000~6000 miles, then use a full synthetic (probably Mobil 1) from there on out.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
^ Automatic or manual?

Photo 1

Photo 2

Can't believe I missed this, congrats bud! They are beautiful cars!
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Overkill! I was really impressed with the new Mustang GT the first time I test drove one. Ford did a great job of keeping the car civilized (quiet, good ride, shifts nice, etc), yet it really handles quite well and moves out when hammered. More than enough for street use IMO. I almost got the GT Performance Package (stiffer suspension, bigger front brakes, lower rear end gears), but didn't want to lose the more "luxury sports car" feel/ride that the regular GT Premium gives.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Beautiful. IMO the best looking Stang ever!

Originally Posted By: ghenders
Looking for feedback (preferably from oil analysis results) on synthetic oil recommendations for a 2015 Mustang GT 5.0. Ford calls for 5w-20 API-SN oil and it comes from the factory with a Motorcraft synthetic blend. It holds 8Qts of oil. I live in Atlanta, GA and drive approx. 50 miles 3x week to work with a mixture of Highway & back roads. It has been many years since I have owned a V8 so used to buying oil for 4-cylinder forced induction engines. In the past I have stuck to 7000 mile change intervals. I plan on going full synthetic with the Mustang at approximately 1300 miles (first oil change). Any recommendations you can provide based upon oil analysis/personal experience would be appreciated!

Hi ghenders - Our Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-20 Full Synthetic with PurePlus Technology would be the best motor oil for your 2015 Ford Mustang GT 5.0. It meets Ford’s specification WSS-M2C945-A and is formulated to help keep pistons up to 65% cleaner than required by the toughest industry standard – simply put, no other leading motor oil provides better protection from friction! In addition, the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-20 motor oil meets or exceeds the engine protection required by ILSAC GF-5 and is also formulated to provide extra protection against the harmful effects of stop-and-go driving and high and low-temperature engine operation. - The Pennzoil Team

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Photo 1

Photo 2

Beautiful. IMO the best looking Stang ever!

+1

Thanks Overkill! I was really impressed with the new Mustang GT the first time I test drove one. Ford did a great job of keeping the car civilized (quiet, good ride, shifts nice, etc), yet it really handles quite well and moves out when hammered. More than enough for street use IMO. I almost got the GT Performance Package (stiffer suspension, bigger front brakes, lower rear end gears), but didn't want to lose the more "luxury sports car" feel/ride that the regular GT Premium gives.

Yes, it is truly a 'domestic M3' (for < HALF the price of entry)!! (scoffs at all of those Teutonphiles who would scoff at this statement LOL )

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

(scoffs at all of those Teutonphiles who would scoff at this statement LOL )

Haw, you are SO right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back