2015 ford transit fram oil filter pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original thread: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/fram-tough-guard.353840/

IMG_20220418_163356907.jpg
IMG_20220418_163321921.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What is wrong with the filter?

Has a flow restriction, enough to make oil light come on, car had no problems prior to oil filter install.

Any news on what happened to the engine? Spun bearing, thrown rod? This is why JOB ONE is verifying oil pressure on initial startup after an oil change (& job two is checking for oil leaks with the new filter)!

Any news on what happened to the engine? Spun bearing, thrown rod? This is why JOB ONE is verifying oil pressure on initial startup after an oil change (& job two is checking for oil leaks with the new filter)!
Right, it was towed to the dealer where they determined the engine needed to be replaced.

A few years ago I had done an oil change on a Ford Taurus. Upon starting the oil light stayed on. I shut it down and re started two more times. Oil light still on. I think it had some kind of air lock. I loosened the filter to relieve any possible air pressure. Tightened up and started with no problem and good pressure. I work with hydronic systems and have seen air lock. That is all that I could assume. Don't remember what kind of filter it was.

Has a flow restriction, enough to make oil light come on, car had no problems prior to oil filter install.
I say no way.

The reason I asked for photos of the base plate was to see if the ADBV got pushed into the engine, and obviously it did not. That is the only way a brand new oil filter could cause the engine to starve of oil flow.

And exactly what did your dealership say was the reason the engine was toasted and needed to be replaced?

After I had a Fram oil filter leak from where it is crimped together I will never buy another one. Started leaking 4-5k miles after installing it and almost killed the engine.

What are we supposed to be seeing in these photos?

Is the filter the proper one for the application?

Why in the world would someone tasked with getting a vehicle towed to a shop due to an oil light decide to drive said vehicle to the shop?

What relevance does resetting the oil service light have to the oil pressure light?

I would like to know how long the engine was allowed to run when the oil light was on, after the oil change?

Here, here!
I too would like to know:
Was any engine rattling, clanking noises when the engine was started? OR:
Was it just that the oil light stayed on?
Was there an engine restart?
Did the engine make any noises then?
If so, was the oil light still on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back