2015 Best Resale Value : Subaru and Lexus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subaru wins Best Resale Value for the "Best Brand" while Lexus wins Best Resale Value for the 4th consecutive year as "Best Luxury Brand".

I'm surprised to see Subaru on there. Anyone else?

http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-resale-value-awards/best-brand/?r=853695296682417400

Originally Posted By: KBB

Best Brand: Subaru
If you've ever spent time in the Pacific Northwest or the Colorado Rockies, the superb resale value of Subaru vehicles won't surprise you a bit. No matter what the last six years have been like for you, Subaru has been setting sales and profit records making talented cars and SUVs -- like the all-new Legacy and Outback, the updated Impreza and WRX models, and the high-mpg/rear-drive BRZ sports car -- accessible to a broad swath of buyers. The Subaru appeal -- smart ultra-practicality combined with one of the best low-traction all-wheel-drive systems around -- wins fandom with new-car buyers and when resale time comes.

Crossovers & SUVs
2015 Subaru Forester
2015 Subaru Outback
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
Sedans & Coupes
2015 Subaru BRZ
2015 Subaru Impreza
2015 Subaru Legacy
2015 Subaru WRX
Hybrids
2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid

Originally Posted By: KBB

Best Luxury Brand: Lexus
Unofficially, Lexus has created a Best Resale Value dynasty. Four straight years as our best Best Luxury Brand when it comes to holding resale value over time is an unprecedented achievement, one that should should inject a full measure of legitimate overconfidence in buyers. Lexus deserves the bragging rights earned by a full line of A-list luxury cars and SUVs, including the ES, GS and LS sedans, the BMW-challenging, all-new RC sports coupe, and a thoroughbred stable of SUVs including the LX, GX, and the company's bestselling masterpiece, the RX. Safety, substance, style and Siri all contribute to the Lexus dynasty.

Crossovers & SUVs
2015 Lexus GX
2015 Lexus LX
2015 Lexus NX
2015 Lexus RX
Sedans & Coupes
2015 Lexus ES
2015 Lexus GS
2015 Lexus IS
2015 Lexus LS
2015 Lexus RC
Hybrids
2015 Lexus CT Hybrid
2015 Lexus ES Hybrid
2015 Lexus GS Hybrid
2015 Lexus LS Hybrid
2015 Lexus NX Hybrid
2015 Lexus RX Hybrid

Subaru has (and better enjoy) the status Volvo and SAAB had in the early 80s as the the doctor's wife car to have. Made those of us who had been buying them for a while unhappy because the friendly local dealer began sticking list price plus stickers on the cars and telling those of us who like to dicker "they're flying off the lot". The fad shifted to SUVs and we all know that happened to SAAB.

Last edited:
Yeah you can still get $6-7000 on a trade in of a Lexus Es350 when it has 200,000 miles on it making the cost of ownership about $0.135 which isn't bad for a luxury vehicle.

Originally Posted By: Doog
Yeah you can still get $6-7000 on a trade in of a Lexus Es350 when it has 200,000 miles on it making the cost of ownership about $0.135 which isn't bad for a luxury vehicle.
Not bad for a Camry XLE in disguise.

I think it is very misleading. When you look at the top 10 they are basically all trucks. I think a more accurate conclusion is that the best resale "brand" is Trucks.

Subaru is on a tear these days. They make the best CVT on the market IMO. And have the best AWD.

Originally Posted By: hypervish

No; they're trendy today, and exhibit the "active" and "outdoorsey" image that people want for themselves, whether they actually live that way or not. I'm not saying they're bad cars (they're not). And I'm not saying people who buy them are fakes. I'm simply saying that "woodsey" style is in vogue today. I like the Outback myself.

I like the analogy of Subaru being today what Saab and Volvo were in the '80s.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: hypervish

No; they're trendy today, and exhibit the "active" and "outdoorsey" image that people want for themselves, whether they actually live that way or not. I'm not saying they're bad cars (they're not). And I'm not saying people who buy them are fakes. I'm simply saying that "woodsey" style is in vogue today. I like the Outback myself.

I like the analogy of Subaru being today what Saab and Volvo were in the '80s.

Interesting, good to know. Thanks!

The few threads here on newer Subaru's (re; oil consumption) don't make me want to own one though. Although I've always had a soft spot for their AWD system, what I have now is more than capable for what I need.

Subaru is a great car. Well at least older ones. But a Lexus, I could never figure it why would anyone buy a fake luxurious Japanese car. Even the name of the brand is cheesy. A Lexus.

Originally Posted By: chrisri
Subaru is a great car. Well at least older ones. But a Lexus, I could never figure it why would anyone buy a fake luxurious Japanese car. Even the name of the brand is cheesy. A Lexus.

re: "...fake luxurious Japanese car..."

They must have totally fooled Mercedes, BMW and Jaguar...

And (only?) God knows how many 100K buyers since 1989!

Last edited:

The LS is rather good.

It's kind of sad how ignorant you are.

Ignorance is bliss, or so they say.

EDIT: Just saw you drive a FIAT, that explains it. Feel sorry for you man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back