2014 Altima Axle R&R difficulty?

My friend's 2015 Altima ex-Hertz strippie 4 banger, 170K, needs the right (passenger side) axle; the boot is torn and it slung grease.
I was gonna check RockAuto for the part, but have never done one on this vehicle. The car is in pretty good shape.
Any gotchas? Things to look out for?

Thanks in advance!

If you plan on keeping the car awhile, Nissan does still make OE axles for your 2015 Altima. However, they are over $500 each :eek:

You can also get OE thermoplastic boots.

There are no aftermarket axles for your Altima with thermoplastic boots. They all use Neoprene that will only last 2 years.

My friend's 2015 Altima ex-Hertz strippie 4 banger, 170K, needs the right (passenger side) axle; the boot is torn and it slung grease.
I was gonna check RockAuto for the part, but have never done one on this vehicle. The car is in pretty good shape.
Any gotchas? Things to look out for?

Thanks in advance!
You can download the service information HERE

Reboot a 170k mile cv, tired and worn, and now wearing faster without grease, and sucking up plenty of dust/dirt?

Pay up for a quality OE axle or plan on repeating the job several times

Anyone ever try:

If it's not making noise, clean it up and reboot. A 170K oem axle will last longer than a cheap Chinese aftermarket one. No sense in spending $500 on a Nissan axle when the CVT is already on borrowed time.

If you plan on keeping the car awhile, Nissan does still make OE axles for your 2015 Altima. However, they are over $500 each :eek:

You can also get OE thermoplastic boots.

There are no aftermarket axles for your Altima with thermoplastic boots. They all use Neoprene that will only last 2 years.
Maybe I should check local shops; they often offer lifetime warranties. I hope so, anyways.

On my Nissan Altima VQ with 217,0000 miles when the right side CV axle went bad…. Had a new one from AAP put in…. Lasted 148,000 miles…

Left side went out around 250,000 got a carquest new cv axle and put it in.. it lasted for 115,000 miles.

If it were me… pay $120 to $150 for a new CV axle.. NOT a reman cv axle…

Back