2012/2013 BMW 3-series

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be available as a 2012 model in Europe, probably 2013 in the US. It grew again in terms of dimensions, although weight was supposedly reduced by a little bit. It looks very similar to the new 5-series. Not bad. I like it better than the current 3-series, that's for sure.

Link to article

Link to additional images

More images

z10474384X,BMW-serii-3--F30-.jpg

bmw-f30-3-series-modern-line-0005-860x573.jpg

It was too big as it was.
frown.gif

New one looks good, though. And I think I like what they're doing with the Sport/Modern/Luxury lines.

Any word on whether there will still be a naturally aspirated engine option?

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Any word on whether there will still be a naturally aspirated engine option?

In Europe, apparently no NA engines anymore. No word on whether the US will get one.

would love the car as a 320d like in the pic. For a DD, engines are too big/thirsty.

I wish they still had a car like my E30 318i. While my 135i is close in dimensions, and is a blast to drive, Id like more of a go kart.

My 135i gets me 31 MPG so imagine what Id get in a 120d or 320d!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
My 135i gets me 31 MPG so imagine what Id get in a 120d or 320d!

Yeah, so the 320d EfficientDynamics version is expected to deliver 57 MPG in mixed driving (city/hwy). Who needs a hybrid?

wow!

Yet we call diesels gross polluters and 8 mpg SUVs "Partial zero" emissions vehicles?!?!??!?

Nice, I wonder if the "road signs/traffic rules projected on the windshield" will be available in the US.

z10473458X,BMW-serii-3--F30-.jpg

Originally Posted By: Vikas
When did BMW fire Chris Bangle??

Officially, he quit in early 2009. Adrian van Hooydonk is their new chief designer.

it looks good to me.

I used to love the BMW ads back int he day that showed the evolution of the grill air intake from the first models to the latest.

The car looks like it is frowning or mean and agressive now. By brother order a new BMW 128. The current 3 series seemed to be not really worth the price difference over the 128. So if they are increasing the size of the 3-series, I think that would be a good move. It seems there are too many models now with the 1, 3, 5 and 7 series. It seems 3 models could cover the range. Keep the 1-series and 7-series and blend the 3 and 5 into one car maybe? I'm not a BMW expert but I think BMW could cut cost and offer mroe value that way.

If I had just seen the first two pictures, with the "320d" smudged out on the second image, I would've thought they were both pictures of the 5-series, based on both apparent size and styling.

I wonder if the more square-ish US license plate will fit on the back as is or if they'll have to redesign the trunk door for it.
It looks so good with the Euro plate!

Looks just ok...wonder how the coupe looks.

The interior/dash/cockpit looked best in the E46 (IMO)...it will never look the same, the simple and sporty "driver oriented" feel and look is gone
frown.gif
from Bimmers...

Love the 'past' look: (my own car):

DSCN0467.jpg

^ What's with the gear lever? It looks like it only moves forward and backward. Does the car only have two gears or something?

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
^ What's with the gear lever? It looks like it only moves forward and backward. Does the car only have two gears or something?

From "D" you can move it to the left for manual mode. You push forward for downshift, back for upshift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back