2008 Toyota Camry V6 P0303

$2K for cam gears, housing and a new HG for the other bank? That seems really excessive.

I'm a Ford 5.4 3V owner, you can buy the entire timing assembly with the VVT phasers, solenoids, chains, guides, all gaskets, etc, for $750ish all OEM parts from multiple sources. $2K just seems really, really high.

I thought people bought cars like Toyotas so this sort of stuff didn't happen. If it's going to happen anyway I think I'd prefer a vehicle that parts were cheaper on. Although I thought Toyotas were common enough so parts were normal prices. Maybe not.

$2K for cam gears, housing and a new HG for the other bank? That seems really excessive.

I'm a Ford 5.4 3V owner, you can buy the entire timing assembly with the VVT phasers, solenoids, chains, guides, all gaskets, etc, for $750ish all OEM parts from multiple sources. $2K just seems really, really high.

I thought people bought cars like Toyotas so this sort of stuff didn't happen. If it's going to happen anyway I think I'd prefer a vehicle that parts were cheaper on. Although I thought Toyotas were common enough so parts were normal prices. Maybe not.
The early 2GR-FE engines had some expensive issues. It didn't affect all of them, but if you are affected, it's ugly.

Just the cam gears, cam and cam housings alone would have been $3k.

TSB: https://www.tsbsearch.com/Toyota/T-SB-0094-09

1681751747179.jpg

Back