2008 Avalon - what a car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal for vehicles to get lower fuel economy as they age?

In other words, what is exceptional about a 170K vehicle getting the same fuel economy it did when new?

I don't think that's exceptional, I kind of expect it.

2004 Avalon XLS, great car, never had a problem....very comfortable, but its the wife's car....

IMO, the worse 2 things are the suspension isn't that tight, and when I adjust the steering wheel (or any tall person, maybe), it blocks the view of speedometer....

its also kind of messy changing the oil filter, with the location its at, if you don't do something like stuff an old towel under it...

PS: it has a transmission and oil dipstick....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cheesehead
JHZ,

You are getting pretty easy to figure out.

Toyota = BAD

VW = Good

JHZ knows everything, just ask him.

He does have a Eurocentric agenda but frankly I don't blame him, and I've only owned Toyotas and Lexus vehicles all of my life (with the exception of my first car, an Acura Integra). Modern Toyotas sure don't seem as well-built as older ones. But that's my two cents.

Originally Posted By: Aldaris
Originally Posted By: Cheesehead
JHZ,

You are getting pretty easy to figure out.

Toyota = BAD

VW = Good

JHZ knows everything, just ask him.

He does have a Eurocentric agenda but frankly I don't blame him, and I've only owned Toyotas and Lexus vehicles all of my life (with the exception of my first car, an Acura Integra). Modern Toyotas sure don't seem as well-built as older ones. But that's my two cents.

Now that Chevrolet has dolled up the Malibu(hello yuppie wannabes) I can't wait 'till they put a little more chrome around the windows, make navigation standard etc., charge 8 grand more and call it a Cadillac so they can be just like Toyota-Lexus. Then hopefully they'll make filthy profits while building a stronger U.S.A.

I don't like the fact that you cannot check the transmission fluid level.
When and if a leak develops,you have a burnt up transmission,unless you go to the dealer for transmission service,which now looks like a necessity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back