2008 Accord- Official Specs and Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
The B7 A4 was a refresh, B8 is not, iirc. I am converted in a way, since my 2002 A4 with 2 big issues. One was the r/s kneeroom/bloated console...HATED IT. Looks like the console might be improved in the B8. The other problem was the horrible parts quality, coilpacks being one issue, wheel bearing, PSP, control arms etc. Not into all that work on a car after 50k...that's unacceptable.

I am also converted into buying NEW cars, although my 2002 was new other Audis have been used. Late '90s vintage car that had fewer issues, even zero warranty repairs on their record. Bob's helped copnvert me back to new, I dread buying an abused car....some would call low oil just neglected, I consider it abuse. I'm also converted by the price and mpg considering I drive 30k a year, a more expensive car would depreciate more. Heck, $26k sticker, paid $22...awesome car that an Audi or BMW would take at least $10k more to buy....about $200 more a month!? I wish I had good pics of my car, but my camera was stolen. I'm not picky if anyone has an older one they'd send me.

PS likely the only 1.8t in new A4 is in ROW markets.

I've had good experiences with new, and some used cars, but I agree with you. If you intend to keep the car, the lifetime cost difference is not all that great, and why not enjoy the best 100K miles the car will ever have?
A decent used car is not cheap, and I am old enough, and have enough other interests, that I no longer want to use a rolling project as a daily driver, although I have in the past.
I am playing with following your lead. I have been e-mail soliciting prices on an '07 4dr 5spd EX. Best offer I have yet is about 20K for such a car, which I think is a little rich for an outgoing model with a gearbox few Accord buyers seem to want anymore, more is the pity.

Quote:

I am playing with following your lead. I have been e-mail soliciting prices on an '07 4dr 5spd EX. Best offer I have yet is about 20K for such a car, which I think is a little rich for an outgoing model with a gearbox few Accord buyers seem to want anymore, more is the pity.

20K out the door is all that I would pay for a EX 4-cyl M/T right now. Check Edmunds' prices paid forum.

BTW- why do you want a four-cylinder? The two GM and Toyota four cylinders in my family lack power during passing if the A/C is on.

Good luck finding a MT. My dealer has a few Coupes, I dunno about trans. Usually I get a M, but the Auto is amazing. 30 mpg for me so far, even 33. I think there is a white and a silver 4cyl coupe here. MSN cars said $3k off Accord msrp, I got $4k off and my trade number met. Shoot for even lower, imo.

2008 honda accord base will be $20K? geez, the 09 honda accord diesel is what I'm interested in. I was hoping for a 20k diesel accord. if a diesel accord is 25k, might as well buy a prius instead

No more 4 cylinders for me and I'm not paying $30k for an Accord Coupe. I'm sure it's a very reliable, refined coupe but I can think of other cars around that price range that to me, are better choices. Plus, it's kind of ugly.

There are going to be quite a few 50 state diesel cars to choose from in a year or so, at least thats what I've been made to believe. I think GM, Ford and Chrysler could be players in the diesel market as well, since they have lots of them in Europe.

In a Honda, if you need or want to pass someone, you depress the left pedal, move the shifter into the "3" position, and you have all the passing power you need.
After about 150K or so of use, the transaxle loosens up to the point where, if you pay attention to the tach, and have a sensitive right foot, you can skip using the left pedal.

Nothing wrong with 4 cylinders, I just need/want more power in my next car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back