2007 civic manual transmission Pennzoil Synchromesh Fluid

My 17 year old bought the car (R18 1.8L version) two months ago and we're going to change the old fluid and put in Pennzoil Synchromesh Fluid. Has anyone used this transmission oil before?

The Honda crowd has been throwing Synchromesh in their trannies in hopes of improved shifting for decades at this point. I put it in my ancient Mitsubishi Mirage and it definitely made a difference.

Eric the Car Guy (has a well-known YouTube channel) is a former Acura/Honda tech and recommends GM Syncromesh fluid in Honda manual transmissions.

I've been running the Pennzoil Synchromesh in my 09 civic mt. Works great just as the previous Redline MTL and Honda specific fluid.

Put the Pennzoil Synchromesh in a week ago. Car shifts better now especially into 2nd gear.

Oil that came out was not looking so good. Car has 172,000kms on it not sure when this was changed last as we bought it 4 months ago.

Put the Pennzoil Synchromesh in a week ago. Car shifts better now especially into 2nd gear.

Oil that came out was not looking so good. Car has 172,000kms on it not sure when this was changed last as we bought it 4 months ago.
Great to hear, synchromesh is good stuff in hondas.

Back