2006 Odyssey EX - $12k?

I do not remember if the EX had VCM, but if it did, that would explain the engine overhaul.

Seems like a lot of money for an Odyssey from that era, but assuming the work was good, it really should last another decade.

It seems ridiculous, but if it's from a place where it hasn't been exposed to road salt or salt water air, with a rebuilt engine and the suspension parts all replaced, I can't say that it's the worst buy in the current market, but the transmissions were notoriously bad on the 05-10 models, with as many of them as I'd see when they were new vs how many I see on the road now, I think the transmission sent most of them to the junk yard, I think I see more 99-04s still on the road.

Definitely trying to recoup the money they put into it !!

Place selling it seems to be a repair shop that sells used cars on the side. According to their website at least, this Odyssey is the only vehicle they have for sale currently.

This is the one I sold, it needed nothing and was loaded inc leather, roof, nav, rear dvd, etc and never a spot of rust. Wheels were a converted from PAX. This was owned by a family member and maintained since new by me, I drove it for a while before selling it.
Nothing I like so no point in keeping it. I bet I could still get the 6K for it.

SAM_1536.JPG

SAM_1534.JPG

SAM_1547.JPG

SAM_1521.JPG

SAM_1541.JPG

I sold an 2006 EX-L in August of 2020.
One owner, 80K, never had a kid in it.
I got $6500. which was well into retail sale territory then.
Even at that, I had people lined up to buy it.

Offering it for that because they can. How much is a new one? The replacement of so many parts is suspect.

Other than the engine overhaul, every 17 yr old odyssey needs those things.
The overhaul was my primary observation.

I’ve got plenty of cars with original AC that are far older.

The rollers and other things, sure. Use just does them in.

For that price, you can get a 2011-2012 4-cylinder Sienna :D
I wouldn't wish a 4-cyl Sienna on my worst enemy. The van is WAY too heavy for that engine. They are OK if you are only going to use it in-town at lower "traffic" speeds, but otherwise they are gutless wonders and noisy because you have to push the engine hard. They are nearly all former rentals because the general pubic was not buying them.
That said, the Odyssey in question is priced over 2X above what it is worth at top retail IMO.

Back