2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 Diesel Oil Questions?

Considering giving the new Hotshots Oil a shot. Has anyone used either of these oils? Anyone know the difference in Green vs Blue Diamond?
Biggest best oil filter recommended?

Attachments

• B58DECEB-2A3B-4F2D-9D0A-6E934B532B17.jpeg
    B58DECEB-2A3B-4F2D-9D0A-6E934B532B17.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 31
  • BDA928CB-2546-40E4-A222-62FEE0F1477D.jpeg
    BDA928CB-2546-40E4-A222-62FEE0F1477D.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 32
Motorcraft oil filter and any major brand oil that meets the recommended specs. Syn oil isn't needed in the 7>3 unless you live in arctic conditions.

Last edited:
Try it and post some VOA/UOA data.... interesting product range.

Anyone know what type of carbon buckeyballs they are using as nano "FR3"????

Their website has all the info you need.

GroupIII synthetic and II/III blends:

PAO based:

Euro GroupIII based:

Knuckle dragging oil... this would be an interesting VOA... wonder if my car would notice this if I drained out the 0w16?
Increased TBN
Zinc levels nearly 3 times that of CK-4 oils
Antimony levels over 400 ppm

PAO/POE:
High ZDDP (Zinc) levels

Some of us don't care about cost. Very interesting product range, and not just the oil(LV ATF, gear oil, MTF).

I wonder who or what additive company 'recommended' the mentioning of antimony.

And, am glad that they're keeping it alive

Try it and post some VOA/UOA data.... interesting product range.

Anyone know what type of carbon buckeyballs they are using as nano "FR3"????

Their website has all the info you need.

GroupIII synthetic and II/III blends:

PAO based:

Euro GroupIII based:

Knuckle dragging oil... this would be an interesting VOA... wonder if my car would notice this if I drained out the 0w16?
Increased TBN
Zinc levels nearly 3 times that of CK-4 oils

PAO/POE:
High ZDDP (Zinc) levels

Some of us don't care about cost. Very interesting product range, and not just the oil(LV ATF, gear oil, MTF).

I wonder who or what additive company 'recommended' the mentioning of antimony.

And, am glad that they're keeping it alive
Wow that is quite a... load there.

My favorite is "Provides high RPM “turbo” quality". That should lock in a certain crowd that doesn't know anything but believes everything they read.

Wow that is quite a... load there.

My favorite is "Provides high RPM “turbo” quality". That should lock in a certain crowd that doesn't know anything but believes everything they read.
Just like that same certain crowd that believes all the nonsense wording on every single product that Lucas sells.

Any 5w-40 or 15w -40 you find @ WM or the local parts store is fine. Same with the oil filter.

The most important thing for Diesel life is clean fuel. Instead of spending big bucks on that oil buy some good fuel filters and change them often.

Any 5w-40 or 15w -40 you find @ WM or the local parts store is fine. Same with the oil filter.

The most important thing for Diesel life is clean fuel. Instead of spending big bucks on that oil buy some good fuel filters and change them often.

Couldn't agree more! Buying an oil that meets the manufacturers spec is important, clean fuel is just as important IMO. Don't buy cheap fuel from unknown stations.

Just my $0.02

Back