1993 Chevrolet Blazer running thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Get the timing right, NOW. It is a fundamental part of how a car runs.

I though he'd done that already? Must be some doubt cast onto how it was done (since he did do it himself). But yes, do that first. By a professional. Then do the O2 sensor immediately afterward. It'll probably drive like a brand-new truck afterward.

Originally Posted By: TechnoLoGs
Originally Posted By: Trajan
Forget about distributors, spark plug wires, everything except getting it timed right and the O2 sensor replaced.

Well, you guys DO have a point that it uses so much gas... Likely culprit is 02 sensor..

It should be coming in the mail this week, that sensor.

Next Q: Should I be able to see the 02 sensor if up and under the car? Or do exhaust pipes have to be lowered, etc

Get it timed first. Then worry about step 2.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Guys, why do you even bother?

Starting to look futile isn't it.

Yup, I tried in the past, am just going to stand on the sideline now. Understand his limitations but all he has is a big bag of questions in that car, not a thing done properly. He cant afford the time or money for a few hours of diagnostic test but he can get $500 for a car.

The patient (Blazer) has had an unknown history and unknown donor parts sewn together by unskilled people. All should be suspect until cleared.

I can probably get it timed tomorrow or close to it. I talked to the guy sat the shop. Of course tomorrow is my day off..

Originally Posted By: cmorr

Yup, I tried in the past, am just going to stand on the sideline now. Understand his limitations but all he has is a big bag of questions in that car, not a thing done properly. He cant afford the time or money for a few hours of diagnostic test but he can get $500 for a car.

The patient (Blazer) has had an unknown history and unknown donor parts sewn together by unskilled people. All should be suspect until cleared.

For $500, the Blazer could be timed properly. With money left over.

And with a minimum wage job, you can't afford to keep throwing money at it in the hope something works.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cmorr

Might be parking this car for a while. Simple money and logistics/time issues.. I may be hitching a ride in to work, for who knows how long.

Will make a thread about it.

For $500, the Blazer could be timed properly. With money left over.

And with a minimum wage job, you can't afford to keep throwing money at it in the hope something works.

Might be parking this car for a while. Simple money and logistics/time issues.. I may be hitching a ride in to work, for who knows how long.

How about NOT making a thread about it and just continuing it in one of the 30 freakin' threads you already have going on?

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

How about NOT making a thread about it and just continuing it in one of the 30 freakin' threads you already have going on?

OK!

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3156377#Post3156377

Will rejuvenate this one when it is time to work on it, etc. As it had a headlight out, too.

20131015_105200.jpg
20131015_105221.jpg

20131015_105232.jpg

20131015_105246.jpg

^^^ And, as soon as I post this, I take it for a drive.

Why does it run better on premium?

(Will be limited driving until I can get all fixed)

because apparently, you're running into knock with the current position of the distributor.

or just the internal condition of the engine is horrifyingly bad.

Tahoe used to be an option package for S-10.

I had a 1985 S-10 Tahoe.

Chevy changed the name of the full size Blazer to a Tahoe in '95.

Originally Posted By: thr_wedge
Tahoe used to be an option package for S-10.

I had a 1985 S-10 Tahoe.

Chevy changed the name of the full size Blazer to a Tahoe in '95.

I meant "Why are we looking at it?"
smile.gif
Is this something else he wants to buy?

smile.gif

Buy? I thought it was already his.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
smile.gif

Buy? I thought it was already his.
smile.gif

In truth, I lost track
smile.gif
Blazer S10, Blazer S10 Tahoe pkg, 93 with a 94 engine..... Oh the humanity.

Last edited:
smile.gif

GHT must not have had any random thoughts to post, hence the photo bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back