18v NiCd Power tools---Is there new life possible?

I hope this is the correct place to post this.
I bought a whole set of Porter Cable 18v NiCd tools in 2009.
I have replaced most of the tools but there are a couple that I'd like to use again but the old NiCd batteries have expired.
I replaced the batteries once with the P/C replacements and they only lasted a couple years--probably from setting without being used--anyway I have some DeWalt 20v Li-ion tools whose batteries are still going strong after 7+ years of occasional use.
AND at the time of battery replacement I had to replace the charger as well. It is able to charge NiCd or Li-ion.
My question is this ; I know that I can open the case and do the interconnections, but where do I buy these Li-ion cells.
I'm a little skeptical of the self proclaimed YT experts. I would like to hear from someone here who has done this successfully.

Reactions: Y_K
Sometimes, there are adapter for the battery which enable it to use the newer Li-Ion battery.
Like the B&D tools have the adapter to conver the older 18V to the 20V max battery, not sure for your particular Porter Cable tools.

I just check Amazon, something like this??? I am not sure if this fit your particular tools.

You probably can find this on ebay too.

Sometimes, there are adapter for the battery which enable it to use the newer Li-Ion battery.
Like the B&D tools have the adapter to conver the older 18V to the 20V max battery, not sure for your particular Porter Cable tools.

I just check Amazon, something like this??? I am not sure if this fit your particular tools.

You probably can find this on ebay too.
Thanks!!
I did a little digging and found this;

They have adapters for matching just about any battery to the tool.
It costs a little more than your suggestion but I can use my DeWalt batteries.

Back