14 Mazda 3, 14 Accord, [other new cars]Manual Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: dareo
I bet we never see those again

Yup. And some mfgs now have started to offer DBW steering as well.

Perhaps an aftermarket tuner will fix the steering the same way they now fix the throttle response.

It's not DBW that we all dislike, it's the programming...

Can't even tell there's DBW in my S2000, it's response is instantaneous, however in other newer [oddly enough] manual Hondas there was a noticeable lag. Doesn't seem to affect AT cars.

Somebody posted about all the black, silver and gray Mazda 3's and I agree.
The lot's are loaded with these 3 colors including the few leftover 2013's I've seen.
I did see a 'Dolphin Gray' (which has a greenish tint) leftover 13' 6 speed manual.
I haven't seen any white, red or blue ones.

Why do they ship so many black, gray and silvers?...they are my least favorite colors. I wouldn't mind the 'Dolphin gray' but generally I find silver very bland (and harder to see in inclement weather).

PS: I would only buy a Honda with a manual because I think their A/T's stink.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Why do they ship so many black, gray and silvers?...they are my least favorite colors. I wouldn't mind the 'Dolphin gray' but generally I find silver very bland

They ship so many because the the number one two and three colors sold in the US, and just about every country in the world, is black, white and silver.

Now, do they only sell so many because that's all they ship and force upon their customers (self fulfilling prophecy), or do they sell so many, because these three colors are what real individual customers (not business purchases for companies) actually want to buy?

Now, Black, I can understand on nearly any vehicle, as it just about always looks fantastic. But it's rare to actually have grey/silver or white be the best looking color offered on a vehicle.

BC.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

Now, Black, I can understand on nearly any vehicle, as it just about always looks fantastic. But it's rare to actually have grey/silver or white be the best looking color offered on a vehicle.

I have long considered white my favorite color in general. I think on most cars it looks great, except maybe the ones where they are often fleet vehicle or rentals. Silver though I think only looks good on a very few cars, such a bland color choice to me. I love white though. Black is nice but I am somewhat indifferent, doubt I will ever own a black car again. (I have had it once, SO hard to keep clean)

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Originally Posted By: Zako2

Of course, Mazda6 or Ford Fusion do not place such silly restrictions on colors. Personally, I'd check out also the Ford Fusion SE with 1.6 Ecoboost engine and 6MT. While it may be down on power compared to Accord a little bit, it supposedly has a more upscale feel with a noticeably lower road noise level once moving. Mazda6 is supposedly the noisiest on the road. Mazdas also have bad reputation for rust in the snow states. I don't know if the 6 will suffer from this.

Fusion more upscale? No way.

Mazda seems to be on top of its design and processes of late so I'm fairly confident with a new platform, evolving industry tech, and an awareness of a past issue the 6 will not suffer any significant rust issues.

I constantly hear in Mazda6 reviews: lots of road and wind noise. Ford Fusion has one of quietest interiors in the class.

Accord's first tank is now gone. 25.9 mpg, lots of idling, and bad break in driving. I believe in hard break ins. No issues with the car yet.
Cost 11 cents per mile on this tank, and the TDI costs 9.3 cents per mile at todays prices. So i say, close enough!

In a few weeks i'l have some long road trip fuel economy numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back