New Porsche ... Well, Wifey Did It!

She's an exec in the tech side of the auto industry, and likes her cars; our 996 was hers at first and she has a Golf R and Wrangler 2 door w/ the 6 speed, soft top only and wind-up windows.

She is a city girl who sacrificed and worked her tail off to get where she is and I'm proud! Questionable judgement in Husbands, but whatever....

We just pulled the trigger on this: 911t, 7 speed manual, in Ruby Star. Ridiculously hard to get an allocation, crazy actually. Configurator pic, the car is somewhere on a planning board or assembly line in Zuffenhausen. Will drive and describe in ? months...

cb1c70c36fe36da2653742c22be7c3eex.jpg

Last edited:
One of my friends wants to sell his Ferrari and wanted to look at Porches. Much nicer daily drivers. We went to the Porsche dealership and I sat in a few. Back in the 1970s It seemed we all had 912s or 911s [ I had a friend with a 930 turbo and it was really sporty] as they were great for going snow skiing. Sitting it the Porsches at the dealership really felt good. I am excited for you [the wife ] also.

Did you opt for the rear axle steering?
Hi, no, nor the front axle lift. Her car is very lightly optioned aside from the better headlights, some leather and deviated interior trim to brighten up what is a small black cave.

I recommended nixing the rear axle steering as, to me, it is counter to the t's ethos. We were both surprised by how 'vintage' the t drove..obviously w/ mind numbing performance all around, but still felt basic. I saw the rear axle steering as counter (no pun intended) to this.

She did mention doing car control clinics again, looking forward to that.

Last edited:
Back