New Porsche ... Well, Wifey Did It!

Progress pics from the factory. Great customer relations perk.

Figure folks here would find the tilting manufacturing cradle interesting, I did.

992b2.jpeg

992b1.jpeg

Last edited:
You need a name for the car. Pink Panther, no that sounds like she's a Jaguar. The Flamingo, naw that sounds too birdy. Salmon? Too fishy.What about Barbie? Do we have a winner?

Last edited:
Don't usually name cars, well except when our Daughter named the old diesel LR 'Stinky', and I never usually say never, but I will say it will never ever be named Barbie!

Wife thought Piglet...although the color is less pink in person.

Last edited:
Beautiful car.

But really that color is awful. There I said it. Sorry, your wife's, matters not to me. No problem from me, it's just...............uggry. Nothing personal! Just MY opinion man. FWIW.
I can see that.

It takes some getting used to and I was not exactly a fan at first, but it is a historical Porsche color, neither of us wanted any one of the 50 shades of Germany silver/grey and Porsche suspended their paint to sample program (we wanted Irish Green).

I actually really warmed to it when I saw one in person, the color is less lurid. Also, it is a 911, not as if we would blend in anyways.

Oddly enough, a week after we put the deposit on hers, this was parked less than a mile from us, note the color in natural daylight:
911tsobo122023.jpg

Huge congrats on an awesome car, can't wait to see more pics.

More importantly, what oil do you plan to run? :geek:
Ow-40 something.....we have some time, but being a BITOG'er I am already thinking of it. Redline is my go-to, but I'll have to decide what to use for the warranty period. Porsche provides the first 10k/annual service so I'll post next year.

I can see that.

It takes some getting used to and I was not exactly a fan at first, but it is a historical Porsche color, neither of us wanted any one of the 50 shades of Germany silver/grey and Porsche suspended their paint to sample program (we wanted Irish Green).

I actually really warmed to it when I saw one in person, the color is less lurid. Also, it is a 911, not as if we would blend in anyways.

Oddly enough, a week after we put the deposit on hers, this was parked less than a mile from us, note the color in natural daylight:
My brother got the deepest darkest blue for his 911. Lovely, but dust magnet! Hahahaha

Ow-40 something.....we have some time, but being a BITOG'er I am already thinking of it. Redline is my go-to, but I'll have to decide what to use for the warranty period. Porsche provides the first 10k/annual service so I'll post next year.
$10 says there is a Mobil 1 sticker in the engine compartment.

Beautiful car.

But really that color is awful. There I said it. Sorry, your wife's, matters not to me. No problem from me, it's just...............uggry. Nothing personal! Just MY opinion man. FWIW.

couldn’t help it, could you? I’m LOLing so hard at this. kinda like bad tacos… can’t hold them in.

That was fast, I thought production would be a few weeks out. Did you get back seats? Since I see you can delete them to save 100 lbs. or so.

That was fast, I thought production would be a few weeks out. Did you get back seats? Since I see you can delete them to save 100 lbs. or so.
We caught the allocation at the very last moment to make minor changes, but the vehicle was almost exactly what she wanted. The paint pic was prob about the time we were talking to the Dealer. The car came with rear seats, but apparently the Dealer can remove them, but we still have a high schooler so they may come in handy.

The local dealer had ordered this 'on spec' and, luckily for her, was pretty much spot on. We had talked to several dealers over two months, then we got a heads up from one saying this slot was open. The t's are very hard to come by, heck all new 911's are, so unless you got one already in process, your local dealer may not get a slot for this year. Crazy market for these...

Pricing was decent, considering, the Dealer was fair and pleasant to deal with. Funny, we did some research and came across some interesting info. like one dealer that mandated a $150K floor (meaning you had to add options to your 911 until you hit the 'minimum'), and a story of another that required you to buy a silly $ Porsche watch with a 911...say it again, crazy. Cannot see why anyone would tolerate that. A reasonable ADMU is one thing, but ridiculous minimums and watches? There are 197 other dealers in the US, get on the 'phone...

Last edited:
Back