$1000 diagnostic scanner at HF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw a $1000 (on sale) diagnostic scanner in a HF email. I cannot imagine too many shade tree mechanics going for a $1000 diagnostic scanner. And I cannot see any mechanics at shops buying one either. Could they really depend upon a $1000 tool from HF?

Auto Enginuity still makes the best high end scanner for a reasonable price. If you are a shade tree mechanic.

"We guarantee this product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship 90 days from the date of purchase."

Seriously, HF?

Its marked as "NEW" yet is already on sale and has 27 reviews. And customers who bought the $1000 diag scanner also bought a ride-on trencher and a gas operated sawmill.

It's a rebadged Autel design, usually good.

And I wouldn't say AutoEnginuity is the be all and end all of scan tools

There's better options in some situations for the money

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher

Its not even rebadged, they state its an Autel 708. Its okay but they are over pricing it.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: michaelluscher

Its not even rebadged, they state its an Autel 708. Its okay but they are over pricing it.

You've got a point, but I'd pay the extra $100~ over eBay or Aliexpress to know I got a genuine one, with all the adapters.

Just get it online for less than $900, it has a one year warranty.

Quote:
Autel warrants to its customers that this product will be free from all defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of the original purchase, subject to the following terms and conditions

Does a 20% coupon work on it? LOL, I had to ask.

These guys are getting distribution through HF they wouldn't otherwise have, which is no laughing matter.

Actually even 25% coupon works on it. Unfortunately, finding a legitimate 25% off coupon has become very difficult these days. If anybody has the coupon, please let me know. I have been tempted to pick up the scanner for a while.

I tried to buy one at my local store. Was told it was never going to be carried in-store. I then ordered it on their website. I had a 25% coupon and it applied to the total properly. A week later with no updates or scanner I called their customer service. My scanner was back ordered with no shipping estimate.

Frustrated and done dealing with HF I canceled the order. I bought one from thetoolwarehouse.net for $1060 with the TS401 TPMS tool included. I have used it to program keys for my Pilot and CRV as well as program a spare PCM for the Pilot. CYP pattern clear and learning is a breeze.

One of the thing which am little bit apprehensive of that scanner is that it does not have built-in power source. I am really surprised how usable a typical android/windows handheld platform is with that restriction. Every time it is connected, it has to do a full reboot then.

Am I mistaken?

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Actually even 25% coupon works on it. Unfortunately, finding a legitimate 25% off coupon has become very difficult these days. If anybody has the coupon, please let me know. I have been tempted to pick up the scanner for a while.

Hold your breath till the 4th of July or possibly Father's day for a single-day 25% Coupon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back