$10 Charge to me for just paperwork?

I think the "CUSTOMER PAY SHOP CHARGE FOR REPAIR ORDER" is a default text in whatever software they use to generate that invoice.

I've seen it at other dealerships with invoices that look the same, right down to the gratuitous use of asterisks.

EDIT: That software dates back to at least the mid 90s, by the way.

I think the "CUSTOMER PAY SHOP CHARGE FOR REPAIR ORDER" is a default text in whatever software they use to generate that invoice.

I've seen it at other dealerships with invoices that look the same, right down to the gratuitous use of asterisks.

EDIT: That software dates back to at least the mid 90s, by the way.
They were just bought out and was never on any invoice before so maybe a sign of things to come. I am not surprised by the software.

We were using a standard visual basic at work until 2020 maybe? Now it's a web application and even worse. :ROFLMAO:

They were just bought out and was never on any invoice before so maybe a sign of things to come. I am not surprised by the software.

We were using a standard visual basic at work until 2020 maybe? Now it's a web application and even worse. :ROFLMAO:

I *think* the software is a Reynolds and Reynolds product. The forms they used when they were printed on dot-matrix printers (!!!) said Reynolds and Reynolds on the bottom. A lot of dealerships use it.

I *think* the software is a Reynolds and Reynolds product. The forms they used when they were printed on dot-matrix printers (!!!) said Reynolds and Reynolds on the bottom. A lot of dealerships use it.

This is an ADP repair order ... Reynolds and Reynolds look a little better.

I've always been torn on "shop fees" personally.

On one hand I get it - a little RTV, a couple shop rags, some squirts with brake cleaner, a dab of grease -- it really does all add up.

OTOH one could argue this should be included in your hourly shop rate.

I think ultimately it's what seems least offensive to the customer (excluding laws which leave no choice). You're gonna pay for it one way or the other because the shop doesn't get supplies and consumables for free.

Back