$10 Charge to me for just paperwork?

Please tell me I'm wrong. I mean it's moot point complaining as I am not going back anyway.

Edit: Uploaded both pages to avoid the confusion.

20230206_090851_MFCL6900DW_0001_Page_1.jpg

20230206_090851_MFCL6900DW_0001_Page_2.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't seem out of line for servicing the transfer case and mounting and balancing 2 large tires. The latter alone would be close to $100 at an indy shop. Need a break down of the estimate. You think service writers should work for free?

I mean it looks like you're whining about $10 in shop charges on a $340 bill.

Did you ask for the charge to be removed?
Didn't notice it till way after I was gone. This is the second page, didn't think anyone would care about the oil change & brake flush.

I thought the OP is complaining about the cost of those things and being charged $10 for the estimate.
He said nothing about anything other than the $10 paperwork fee. It's the title of this thread:

"$10 Charge to me for just paperwork?"

I do think it's a misunderstanding. The line item says "Customer pay shop charge for repair order" and as Trav says, I think "shop charges" are for rags, cleaners, etc.

I think that may be the shop charge for consumables used by the shop eg shop rags, brake cleaner etc on that RO. It is usually listed a different way but I don't see it on the RO.
That's fair actually, I didn't even think of that. It just screamed a "we printed this out for you" fee.

Yeah, looks like 5% of the total labor costs for shop fees/consumables. Standard surcharge these days I think (hidden charge) no way around it I think other than to ask in the future and build it into your pricing decisions

I think that may be the shop charge for consumables used by the shop eg shop rags, brake cleaner etc on that RO. It is usually listed a different way but I don't see it on the RO.
This is what I was thinking. It's not a charge to write the RO, but the shop charge for misc consumables used by the shop.

At least that's my take on it.

It is probably the standard consumable fee stated in a somewhat awkward way.
Even at the most conniving dealer shops I have been in, they will waive any "Estimate" fee if you have the work done.

Back