$1 billion class-action lawsuit launched on Toyota over vehicle emissions

So the best cars on planet, the Japanese, suddenly are not that great....
6f6.jpg

So we have an allegation and no indication of how the alleged infraction was discovered or implemented.
It will be interesting to see what happens. We may not get much news here in the US as we don't get Toyota diesels here.

I think as of today, the biggest TV shows on cable are concerning the Camp Lejeune water supply. Along with who drank it a half a century ago. There is only one episode however. And it's been in reruns for the past 2 months.
I was stationed there during that time frame and I can’t change the channel quick enough when one of them comes on. Good to know they are there if needed but sensory overload to the nth degree.

Burn baby burn - A VW guy
Toyota is really not that good,.sorry

They MAY HAVE BEEN at one point.. 4Runners ALWAYS lost to Explorers, Blazers, Land Cruisers (used to be good) in tests..smaller engine.. weird seating positions I hear cited a lot. Supras were fast but not like OMG fast then Fast and Furious came out... now Supras are BMWs.. IMHO, Toyotas ain't that great.

Toyota is really not that good,.sorry

They MAY HAVE BEEN at one point.. 4Runners ALWAYS lost to Explorers, Blazers, Land Cruisers (used to be good) in tests..smaller engine.. weird seating positions I hear cited a lot. Supras were fast but not like OMG fast then Fast and Furious came out... now Supras are BMWs.. IMHO, Toyotas ain't that great.
Thats not who buys Toyota's. People buy Toyota's for reliability and that's pretty much it. There are always "better" vehicles out there. The only exception is the overland crowd, who buy Toyota's due to their global support infrastructure - but most "overlanders" don't go much past their local state park so most of that is irrelevant.

You could argue there quality has declined recently, but that might be true for everyone.

FWIW - I am loyal to no car company - they all have good and bad.

Thats not who buys Toyota's. People buy Toyota's for reliability and that's pretty much it. There are always "better" vehicles out there. The only exception is the overland crowd, who buy Toyota's due to their global support infrastructure - but most "overlanders" don't go much past their local state park so most of that is irrelevant.

You could argue there quality has declined recently, but that might be true for everyone.

FWIW - I am loyal to no car company - they all have good and bad.
Remember the ole sayings of Toyota, Jack of all trades, master of none.

Back