1,000 miles into ARX clean phase, oil still clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this right? my mix was one bottle of ARX with 4 quarts of Pennzoil yellow bottle. oil still looks pretty clean after 1,000 miles. is it not working? i've heard that ARX does its magic on the rinse phase...

If your engine is not real dirty/or has problems you won't notice anything. But your engine will be clean that is for sure.

But you do need to give it time. You are not even 1/4 into the complete cycle........

You will notice more darkening in the rinse phase than in the cleaning phase. You may already have a clean engine though...

Also I would run it for 5,000 Miles for both the clean/rinse phase for best results...

When rinsing change the filter at 2500 and top up with oil and run to the 5K mark.

This is how I get the best results from ARX.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I probably would follow the recomended sequence.

I did at first and then experimented on my own with this 5K regiment and it works much better without doing harm to the engine.

Frank had to make a duration that worked for the most people. Around 3k for each seemed to work the best. If you go the shorter route, some people feel that they're using too much oil in too short a time ..though some will think that it's not short enough. You can run it longer as long as the host oil is good to go.

You can't make everyone happy. Nor can you depend on everyone using common sense. With some people, you have to wonder if they walk around with one finger up their nose ..and the other one in their ear. Hence, the KISS method for those in doubt. Anyone who can manage 3k/3m OCI's can use this product without giving it another thought.

The fast track method is for those who are in a hurry.

Indeed, with only 1,000 miles on the treatment phase you probably won't see a lot- if anything- at all. The rinse phase is where the majority of cleaning happens as others have mentioned. Sprintman's suggestion of long trips if/whenever possible is a good one IMO.

I wouldn't sweat it.

Good long trips or stop & go high heat traffic. Heat activates the esters in the product and do the best work when super hot IMO.

i do actually take a lot of long trips and lots of short ones too. but i do long highway runs quite often so the oil is getting up to temperature plenty. i suppose ill just give it time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back