0w30 Pennzoil platinum euro in 5.3 Vortec

Or Motomaster OEPLUS 0w30. On for $36.99 Cdn dollarettes currently.

View attachment 219335
Yup, I have bottles of those as well in my garage. I grabbed the pennzoil this time around since it was on sale and has the online rebate.

This truck won’t see a lot of miles as it’s just for garbage runs, house work etc. it won’t be a daily by any means

You'll be fine, I have a 2004 Sierra 5.3 w/ 122k miles and currently running 5w20 with some 5w30 mixed in. The LS isn't really all that picky on oil but mainly just need to keep it topped off and it will practically run forever.

You'll be fine, I have a 2004 Sierra 5.3 w/ 122k miles and currently running 5w20 with some 5w30 mixed in. The LS isn't really all that picky on oil but mainly just need to keep it topped off and it will practically run forever.
Good to know. My first chevy truck and ls engine. Has a flashing engine light currently and not running the greatest, but i got a code reader coming today to see if i can track down whats going on with it

Good to know. My first chevy truck and ls engine. Has a flashing engine light currently and not running the greatest, but i got a code reader coming today to see if i can track down whats going on with it
Most likely something simple, mine has been on for the knock sensors, also had a wiring back at the tank for an emissions issue.

I think you'll find most people on here like using M1 0w40 with that engine. I had some RGT that I wanted to use up so used a jug of the 5w20 and topped it off with 5w30 since it holds 6 qts and any top-off will be that since it goes through a quart between changes.

Most likely something simple, mine has been on for the knock sensors, also had a wiring back at the tank for an emissions issue.

I think you'll find most people on here like using M1 0w40 with that engine. I had some RGT that I wanted to use up so used a jug of the 5w20 and topped it off with 5w30 since it holds 6 qts and any top-off will be that since it goes through a quart between changes.
Yea I’ll have to see how this is for oil consumption. Too early to tell but doesn’t leak any atleast lol. I have lots of 0w30 and 0w20 to use up first

Yea they sell it here at Canadian tire. Plus shell makes the Canadian tire version of it as well, so I’ve been stocking up on it when on sale and just using it in all the vehicles now. We have a 2019 wrangler 3.6 and my 2018 Durango R/T with the 5.7 hemi. So I’m glad to just throw that in the Chevy now as well.

View attachment 219255
Could I run this in my Honda Accord 2017 GDI 2.4 ??

One follow up question, is it worth looking into a HM oil instead considering it has 261k kilometres on it? No obvious leaks so far, and I doubt previous owners have been running synthetic, I dont even think the last guy even changed the oil on it by the looks of it when it came out lol

One follow up question, is it worth looking into a HM oil instead considering it has 261k kilometres on it? No obvious leaks so far, and I doubt previous owners have been running synthetic, I dont even think the last guy even changed the oil on it by the looks of it when it came out lol
High mileage oil could potentially help with the oil pump O ring that can get hard and cause oil pressure loss as these trucks age. You have really low mileage but it is a 22 year old truck with spotty maintenance history.

Ran Pennzoil LX 0w30 in a BMW engine for just over 5000 miles. Reported viscosity was 10.44. Range should be 9.4 to 12.4. It has a LOT of Boron, not much Moly. Good report overall for my engine.

Back