PP Euro LX 0W30 cause harm?

Dropped off my 2009 Jaguar XF 4.2 l supercharged for end of season oil change before putting away for winter I supplied oil and filter the oil being the Pennzoil Platinum 0w30 Euro LX. About a hour later I got a phone call from the front desk guy at the garage who said that the oil I had provided did not meet Jaguar specifications and they would not be responsible for any engine damage. I asked him to continue with oil change and he agreed with the engine damage provision. He now has me second guessing my oil choice, I think I should be fine I only run about 6000 km per year and change at end of summer driving season. I believe in 2009 you could run regular 5w 30 dino oil so I'm thinking a fairly high grade synthetic should be fine.....any somewhat informed opinions

Attachments

• GPCDOC_GTDS_Pennzoil_Platinum_Euro_LX_SAE_0W-30_Fully_Synthetic_Motor_Oil_(SN_C2_C3_OEMs)_(en)...pdf
    443.2 KB · Views: 64
Long time ago I put what ever dino goo could be had in my 4.2 liter XKE. I beat the snot out of that car and it never once complained. Granted your engine is a modern Ford derivative but my experience with Jags is that they aren't finicky, at least not the engines.

i use 0w40 in my 4.0 with the heaton. calls for any 5w30 meeting acea a1-b1/98 so even supertech 5w30 syn is way better than factory fill

I commend your shop for actually paying attention to specs. In this case however the oil you supplied is excellent and is will cause no issues whatsoever. It meets VW504 for one, which is a very high/tough spec to meet. It is a mid saps oil however, so if you have high sulfur gas I would not run an extended OCI, but from your post that is clearly not your plan either.

Dropped off my 2009 Jaguar XF 4.2 l supercharged for end of season oil change before putting away for winter I supplied oil and filter the oil being the Pennzoil Platinum 0w30 Euro LX. About a hour later I got a phone call from the front desk guy at the garage who said that the oil I had provided did not meet Jaguar specifications and they would not be responsible for any engine damage. I asked him to continue with oil change and he agreed with the engine damage provision. He now has me second guessing my oil choice, I think I should be fine I only run about 6000 km per year and change at end of summer driving season. I believe in 2009 you could run regular 5w 30 dino oil so I'm thinking a fairly high grade synthetic should be fine.....any somewhat informed opinions
Excellent oil, and shop did due diligence of actually paying attention.
But, nothing will happen to an engine.

Back