Pennzoil Platinum E. LX - Changing Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by neo3
What's the difference between "LX" and "L" (which is dexos2)?

If you look at the specs, I believe the L is MB 229.51 which is their spec for diesels. For gassers, their spec is 229.5. Many automatically assume 229.51 must be better, but it's just a different spec, not the same or better at all, some actually say worse because you're using a diesel oil in a gasser. For diesels, the latest spec is 229.52. For gassers, the current spec is still 229.5.

Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by Patman
Originally Posted by CT8
Amsoil is worth twice the price you pay for it !

How so? Will it make your engine last twice as long? (don't get me wrong, I do think Amsoil is a great oil)

You're the guy that often says to just buy the cheapest oil you can get on sale, so you're quite the hypocrite.
Their marketing alludes as to the worth! The post was 101% sarcasm

Ya, because it's really easy on the internet to tell when someone is being sarcastic
21.gif

Originally Posted by StevieC
Patman it's 22.7 Litres for $189 Canadian which is $8.32 / litre or $31.44 per gallon for the Pennzoil Ultra 5w30 through Napa Canada. It's the Bag in the box with the spigot.

Don't be afraid to ask Blue Wave Energy for a quote on the product, either.

After discussing with Terry he feels that Amsoil SSO is a better lubricant choice than Pennzoil Ultra and it warrants the extra cost. So I'm going to go with him and stick with Amsoil. I trust him because he hasn't steered me wrong on both my Santa Fe and the other vehicles I sent him UOA's of.

PM me if you want more information.

Last edited:
If I could get a good deal on it I'd consider it instead of Ultra 5W30 in my Rubicon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back