07 Camry LE, AT - many poor owner's reivews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elk, Mokanic, and the other guy,

I personally like the split personality nature of VTEC. When you hit about four grand, the VTEC kicks in, and you know it.
To the guy who talked of torque, you are right, Hondas don't have any. The Accord will never be a drag racer. Too many revs and too much slipping of the clutch required. However, after a decent road speed is reached, with proper gear selection, nothing can hold you back. On the interstate, and on rural two lanes, you can really fly.
As you have all said, to each his own. I have always liked Hondas. Maybe the Toyota vs Honda thing is a modern incarnation of Ford vs Chevy.

To be honest with you, I was once in an RSX-S and while I wasn't driving, I never felt the VTEC kick in and neither did the driver, it felt smooth throughout (the insanely large) rev band. It was certainly a torque-less wonder, though.

That said, it was a fun little car and I could see the appeal of the handling and the high-revving if you're really into that kind of thing. It does have a very modern feel to it and it did hang onto corners *extremely* well.

Personally, it's just not something I can live with everyday. I did drive home from work today, hitting a top speed of 85, and never once broke 2500 RPM, that's how I like my everyday cruising. The ability to wind it up to 6250 or whatever the redline is nice every now and then, but I don't really enjoying doing that coming out of every corner or stoplight. Granted, many others feel the opposite, so eh, I don't take it personally.
smile.gif

I could see maybe owning an RSX-like car as a track car or weekend car; but I need some big comfy seats, lazy steering and a torquey engine for the rest of the time.

-the other guy

I think if you are going to talk sportiness, you can't compare an the Accord to a Camry LE. The Camry SE is a more fair comparison. The nice thing about the Camry is that it offers trims for a wider range of tastes. I'm not sure I would say that an accord is more "sporty" than a Camry SE.

But Ekpolk is right. This is somewhat of a pointless debate. Two very good cars and people who like these types of cars really can't go wrong with either.

I have owned 3 Toy trucks an 84 4x4 a 92 x cab 4x4 and an 06 x cab 4x4 .The 06 is really not impressive at all compared to the previous trucks . This may well be my last Toyota. I am more impressed with my wifes 2002 Ford superduty "quality wise so ".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back