04 nissan titan chevron supreme 10w-30 3,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
well guys i just got my uoa back on my titan. its got 23,000 miles on it and all city driving with tons of stop and go and idling. also its supercharged and runs a little rich. im using a k&n oil filter and a volant cold air intake that uses an oiled filter...
 -

Thanks for the UOA on ur titan. I have one also. Although i dont know what to say except that everything is very very good. Can you tell me what oil you used in your previous oci? And, did you do anything differently to get the sodium down? Maybe someone else can chime in here...

As well, for only 3,000 miles, that TBN of 2.0 seems awfully low for what is generally regarded as a fairly robust oil....

this is the new sm version....is it that bad for 3,000 intervals? it being supercharged and driven hard daily i thought the chevron would be fine for 3000 mile intervals??

quote:

Originally posted by got_titan:
thanks for posting and i quit using mobil after several uoas with sodium....

Same here.

I've used up my Mobil product and will not use again. (better product for less money in my book, plus no sodium)
grin.gif

Your welcome on the posting. I took your info out for you also
cheers.gif

quote:

is it that bad for 3,000 intervals? it being supercharged and driven hard daily i thought the chevron would be fine for 3000 mile intervals??

Not really. TBN of 2.0 still has some life left and your engine and driving style is hard on oil.

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

quote:

this is the new sm version....is it that bad for 3,000 intervals? it being supercharged and driven hard daily i thought the chevron would be fine for 3000 mile intervals??

Have any idea what kind of HP your truck is producing with all of the upgrades?

quote:

hey guys, need some more input.....is this oil gonna cut it for 3-4000 mile intervals on my supercharged baby????

Looks like it should since it did very well. If you want to push the interval a little longer and run cooler oil temps, especially with a s/c and excessive city driving why not go with a full synthetic? Castrol 0w30 comes to mind.

ive ran both...before the supercharger i was running the sl version of the chevron and going 5,000 miles with great reports...i change all my vehicles at 5,000 miles. at 1.25 quart the chevron was doing excellent in all my cars so i thought why should i spend 5 per quart when i can get the same results for 1.25 per quart?? but after seeing this anaylisis for 3,000 i was kinda surprised at the tbn and vis....i really thought 5,000 mile intervals would be no problem...i guess all the city driving coupled with supercharger running a little rich its chewing the oil up good....i posted this to see get opinions and i may go back to syn IF I MUST...keep em coming guys....thanks, john

I'd have no qualms about running Chevron 10w-30 dino in your truck. I ran dino in a turbo Talon and never a problem; clean shiny inards and the turbo was just fine. But I'm one of those dino only guys
grin.gif

quote:

dyno proven.....425rwhp and 431rwtq.....thanks for everyones input....

WOW that would put alittle over 500hp at the crank -20% driveline loss does that sound right? NICE. I agree I would give that beast the GC treatment and see how that held up my guess is 5k drains would be no prob at all. Good luck either way you go keep us updated though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back