'01 F250 Center Caps Debacle

I am at an impasse with the rear center caps on my F250. A few weeks ago I dropped it off at our local tire shop for all new tires. On the way home, we lost the rear driver's center cap. Ended up ordering a new one off of eBay. That off-brand center cap did not fit the rear driver's side. Decided to pull the rear passenger cap off and try it on the driver's side and put the eBay cap on the passenger side. Next time out with the truck, both of them flew off. Now we are missing both rears.

Long story short, we are now on our third brand of center caps and I can not get one to latch on the rear driver's side. The passenger side latches on but it isn't as snug as I would like. Which is a mystery in itself. Our current order came with 4 center caps (figured I would need spares.) I can get all four of them to snapped somewhat in place on the passenger side, the driver side is a no go. I get zero retention on the metal clamps on the rear driver's wheel.

Does anyone here have any experience with these things? Tips? Pointers? I have searched online and found this is somewhat common for this bodystyle. The fixes I have found are all over the place though.

TIA

Post a pic of the inside of the cap and the bare wheel. There are so may styles, it's hard to say without seeing it. Just a guess, but maybe bend the prongs out some more to better grip the hole it's pressed in.

Back