Glad Greyhound is still around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Used to ride Trailways in college. Took double the time of a car ride because of the "local" zig-zagging. Saw some interesting urban centers... Kingston, Albany, Springfield...

Bada bing. In the 80's when I was a college freshman I took a Greyhound home for a weekend. Normally a eight hour drive. Eight hours. Same reason-- took the backroads stopping in every two horse town to drop a pkg, stopped a few larger towns to pickup more passengers. Every stop including the two horse towns the driver would spend at least as much time smoking joking and wasting time with the employees at the station or stop as it took to load and secure the bus. I will say this for that guy though. He whipped that beast through the twisties of those two laners like it was a Porsche.

Same … mom did not drive so her, sis, and I would take a bus to go visit my aunt (wonderful lady and had money)

We thought it was cool riding that bus back then … prolly not now after years in international business class cabins

Originally Posted By: Chris142
The prison here dump releases prisoners at the grey hound station.

Well, reckon most are in a good mood about then … but not sure I’d want the driver position

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back