225/65R17 - All Seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Danno
Have a look at the Michelin LTX Premiers. Quiet, great feel on the road. Have had them for about 20,000K on my 2016 KIA Sorento.

This.

Since you have dedicated winter tires already, why not use summer tires the rest of the year?
smile.gif

Get the Vredestein Sportrac 5

But if you still want all-season, some other good choices are the Falken Ziex ZE950 and Nitto NT421Q

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
We should just go ahead and make a sticky saying the General RT43 is the number 1 recommended tire on BITOG and that Michelins crack. All these "what tire" threads are alike.

Is it more recommended than the Cooper CS5 Ultra, though? But I agree, the CS5 and RT43 are the Official Tires o BITOG
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

Just out of curiosity Steve how many years did you have those on your Santa Fe?

They were just shy of 3 years old and the sidewalls cracked and then just about year 4 is when the treads got really low so I scrapped them out of safety.

Is your car parked outside ?
My garaged cars with Michelins have been perfect in terms of no sidewall cracks. Been buying Michelins for decades, will continue to buy them.

The General tires are 1/3rd less than the Michelin's from the various places I checked with...

Oh Decisions, Decisions....

It is parked outside and never had that problem with any other vehicle parked outside other than with Michelin's.
frown.gif

Yeah I would get all season anyway in case I'm late putting on the snow tires and also because the weather can be nuts here with it being like 80F in the day and near freezing at night. (In the fall).

I have been impressed with Cooper's "Mastercraft" line/label and the "Stratgey" tire. It has been on her dd Lexus ES for almost 40k miles. The tread depth is still quite good and I think they are warranteed for 60k or 70k and they will meet or exceed that it appears.

They give very good rain performance and dry. I found them lacking in snow, but you don't care about that. Another member said he didn't think they were bad in the snow. I used to live in northern Vermont so I may be ore critical in that regard. Rain is the critical thing here and they deliver on that. Some say they are like the Cooper CS series, just non-union made (rumor I heard, don't know the validity). Bang-for-the-buck, best tire I have used in that regard.

OOPS - just saw your last post!

Last edited:
I have an excuse... I haven't been here for 7 years.
lol.gif

Pretty sure you've made up for it with your gazillion posts in the 2 weeks you've been back.

I'm kidding!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: JTK
I have an excuse... I haven't been here for 7 years.
lol.gif

Pretty sure you've made up for it with your gazillion posts in the 2 weeks you've been back.

I'm kidding!!
laugh.gif

crackmeup2.gif
I got 7 years to make up. Gotta keep the post odometer of mine running.

Last edited:
Here are pics of the tires. I will mount them on the rims in the spring. Winters are on there at the moment.

General RT-43 225/65R17

Last edited:
Yokohama Avid Ascend. Have them on the wife's minivan in that size, as well as the car she had previously. Wear like iron, dead quiet, great in rain. Eyeballing the tread tells me they might not be good in snow but we have Blizzaks for the winter. Don't cost a ton either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back