My mom has cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife died of breast cancer in December of last year.

I hope your mom tries some treatments, the chemo is not near as bad as what I remember my grandparents going through 35 years ago. There's also immunotherapy drugs which are a new class of drugs for fighting cancer.

Praying for strength for the afflicted. Your mother is 76, major surgery, chemo and radiation is no way to spend the golden yrs. Respect her wishes. Its a quality of life issue. My Mother is 97 and slowly dissolving in a very expensive facility. Medicine can keep people alive far longer than practical. All it does is to prolong the suffering. Strength for the afflicted

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

If it's not too much to ask, will you guys maybe say a quick prayer for her? Thanks.
smile.gif

Prayers sent..good luck.

My mom's had 3 bouts of cancer - ovarian, breast and BCC - over the last 25 years and is currently doing well at the ripe old age of 85. All's not lost so keep your fingers crossed. They perform wonders these days.

Be strong, Drew. I can only imagine how you feel. I'm sorry you are going through this situation and hope that it turns out for the best.

Sorry mate. My father passed away of small cell lung carcinoma past April. Fought very well for over the year when the life expectancy was just 5 months.

If she doesn't want to go chemo, I totally get it. The first chemo works very well but then left over cancer cells come back with vengeance. If I get cancer after age 60, I am sure not going for chemo. I will prefer to die early rather than going through the chemo pain. It's one of the worst.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I just got the worst news of my life today: my mom has a very large ovarian tumor that is spreading. They want to take it out but the likelihood is the cancer has spread and chemo will be needed but my mom doesn't want to go through with it.

If it's not too much to ask, will you guys maybe say a quick prayer for her? Thanks.
smile.gif

Done.

So sorry to hear of this.

I lost my mother when I was 23. I am now 63. I will tell you that no matter how old you are, losing your mother hurts. You need to understand that losing your parents is an inevitable part of your life. Steel yourself for its inevitability. When it happens, grieve for a week, thank God for their full and fruitful life, then be a responsible grown-up and move on with your life, your spouse, your children, your job. It happens to everyone, you will be no exception.

Thoughts, prayers, and two words of advice. Mayo Clinic. We are at Mayo now where my girlfriend is being treated for cancer (43 years old). It's an amazing place with truly caring physicians, staff, and support personnel. Cancer treatment has come a long way and Mayo is on the cutting edge.

I wish the best for both you and your mother.

Ryan

Prayers sent and wish your mom the very best in the process of recovery.
With the age in mind, chemo can take a toll on her as it is harder to put up a fight and make a recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back