2nd OCI on 2014 Ford F550 Powerstroke 6.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see that either. Is the Archoil messing with the potassium, now that I look at that? I glanced at sodium, and saw nothing alarming, and didn't even check the potassium until now. That looks to have been high all along.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I didn't see that either. Is the Archoil messing with the potassium, now that I look at that? I glanced at sodium, and saw nothing alarming, and didn't even check the potassium until now. That looks to have been high all along.

I think that potassium and boron are the additives in the Archoil. Regarding my own comment on the ZDDP levels being skewed...I guess it's more likely that the D1 has been changed to meet the new low phosphorus levels. In the last report, the phosphorus is over 800 PPM but only because of the left over oil that had the higher phosphorus. The next report will likely show 800ppm (or less) of phosphorus.

Edit- maybe D1 was always of the low ZDDP variety? I'm not too familiar and not sure.

Last edited:
Hi Dustyroads,

That batch of D1 was at least a year and an half old (unless I accidentally used the newer supply)...I keep them in order on the shelve. Archoil should not mess with Zinc. I will look at some recent UOAS for D1 and report back on Zinc and Phosphorus levels. A good majority of the other wear metals went down...Iron went up a little as I towed heavily this OCI. Is it possible to get a batch with lower Zinc from Mobil? Maybe wasn't mixed properly before they filled the bottle? Thanks.

K1rod had a UOA done on a Duramax...and Zinc, Phosphorus show 200-300 ppm higher levels than mine. Does fuel dilution bring any of those numbers down? Otherwise, not sure what to think?

Last edited:
I also suggest eliminating the Archoil. Maybe consider an additive to increase ZDDP content to 1200+ Phos. Or use an oil that's on Ford's approved list for the 6.7L. The Iron wear rate seems to have increased with the lower zddp content of the latest oil fill. But what can one conclude from one reading?

A_Harman, perhaps. But this OCI I towed an additional 5,500 pounds on top of regular weight. I thought Iron was going to show a lot higher and other metals as well...was impressed other metals dropped with additional towing. Guess will have to wait for other OCI. Thanks.

I am planning on running John Deere 10w 30 once my D1 stash is gone. Liked Roadrunner's UOAs. Oil seems to be shearing to a 30wt anyway...might as well just start there. Weird about the Zinc level though.

1) get rid of the additives
2) ignore UOAs early in equipment life unless its massive contamination you're looking to confirm; the rest will just drive you bonkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back