2001 Acura TL 3.2 & 2010 Mazda Speed 3 replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just changed the filter on my 2001 Acura due to the process I could tell this had never been done before. The car has 148K miles on it. When I removed it I found no leaves or dirt in the box. I changed the filter on my 2010 Mazda Speed3 with 105K miles last month, when I removed it I found leaves, pine needles, & tons of dirt. I have only put 3K miles on this car since I picked it up used so I cant be sure if it was the original filter or not. Below are pictures of both Acura is the one with new and old in the picture:

Such a PITA to change the cabin filter of 2010+ Mazda 3.

I found it's really hard to work on a Mazda, compared to a Honda. My $0.02.

If that's what the filters look like, imagine the lungs of drivers who don't have interior air filters

crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
If that's what the filters look like, imagine the lungs of drivers who don't have interior air filters

crazy2.gif

I know, my 1995 F-250 7.3L does not have one nor does my moms 2006 Jeep Commander. I understand the truck but I still can't understand why they did not put one in a 2006 Commander!

crazy2.gif

Eh, I drove a 95 Silverado without one for many many years. I've never noticed a difference in cabin air quality between vehicles with and without cabin air filters.

crazy2.gif

Or the hands of those people who don't use the sanitizing wipes at the Wal-Mart entrance before touching their grocery cart.

Really? You're outside (I hope) breathing normal air with all the same contaminants that are trapped in that darn cabin filter. Should we all wear a respirator at all times? Goodness, what a weak species us humans have become!

crazy2.gif

Nah. They are fine
That's what your nostrils and boogers are for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back