2003 Acura problem again

Neighbors 03 Acura TL that had the loose relays and resistor on the main relay.
He took the battery out to charge it or jump it or something, not sure when it happened, but the speedometer and tachometer went haywire and jumped under the stop pins at the bottom range of the gauges.
You tube had a video about using a magnet, but I can't find my transmission magnets I had or my rare earth magnets I know I have either.
The following was for a Buick, but any chance this would work on the TL, in the meanwhile I'm still looking for my magnets!

Here is how it happens, The positive battery cable was loose, after adjusting the battery cable the speedometer needle went under the retention ping.
How to fix it:
1- remove the positive battery cable
2- have a person to look at the speedometer needle
3- Make the battery cable to touch the positive terminal of the battery (this will make the needle to jump over the retention pin)
4- Tight cable again.

That neighbor definitely gets themselves into lots of unique situations! But.. I like the idea of a magnet to fix the "home" position of the speedometer needle!! At least it's a simple fix. (y)
It was pretty slick. I have some rare earth magnets and I'm so mad I can't find them. I remember they were sticking to everything in my one toolbox too, but they're not there now.

It was pretty slick. I have some rare earth magnets and I'm so mad I can't find them. I remember they were sticking to everything in my one toolbox too, but they're not there now.
You know the minute you buy some new magnets you'll find the other ones! I wonder if somehow they slid down the inside side of your tool box, maybe something hit them? Just a thought..

You know the minute you buy some new magnets you'll find the other ones! I wonder if somehow they slid down the inside side of your tool box, maybe something hit them? Just a thought..
I Know, I can't find the ones I got for when I do my ATF service either.
Either that or I moved them because they were sticking to everything!

Back