Mazda - 1WPE-14-302 - 8043 miles - C&P

This is the filter off my latest oil change on my Mazda CX-50 2.5S. This filter had 8043mi on it when I took it off. The oil was Mazda 0W-20 GF-5. Overall the filter looks quite stout and held up quite well.

UOA Link: 2023 Mazda CX-50 2.5S - 8043 Miles- Mazda 0W-20

B976993D-0B5F-43D2-B9C5-2E79F10865C2.jpeg

1366059A-DA72-4BD5-BCB8-1124AA463E3F.jpeg

6A0895F8-9339-4F89-9C93-299DB499427B.jpeg

CE0023D1-B8EB-4101-BDD1-2A0C8C564492.jpeg

93953044-889A-4042-A0BB-5255D6EBF47F.jpeg

The same filter. I think I'm gonna continue with the Mazda filters while under warranty.

You even use Mazda oil :D

Even the dealer doesn't use Mazda oil! If you actually had the dealer do the oil changes, they don't even use Mazda oil. They use random bulk oil instead :sneaky:

When your Mazda is out of warranty, Napa has the Full 2-OMD007 for much less :)

1. Where'd the end caps go; no end caps?

2. Is that a genuine Longacre cutter, or fake? 😁

You even use Mazda oil :D

Even the dealer doesn't use Mazda oil! If you actually had the dealer do the oil changes, they don't even use Mazda oil. They use random bulk oil instead :sneaky:

When your Mazda is out of warranty, Napa has the Full 2-OMD007 for much less :)
This was from the first complimentary oil change, and according to the dealership receipt they used Mazda 0W-20 GF-5. If it was truly that, I have no idea lol. Pennzoil Platinum went in when I changed it.

I don't like how the Mazda filters tend to have high shipping costs online so I went with a PureOne last time. But recently I found a 3-pack of Mazda filters with reasonable shipping costs which got the per-unit cost down so I have those for the next 3 changes.

DSCN9425.JPG

Yes, excepting Mazda adbv delete, look identical to Toyota Thai Denso oil filter. Looks good.

Cutter looks it got the job done for significantly less cost than the Longacre. Fwiw, if I was looking for a filter cutter now, I'd be looking at one of the La copycats on Amazon or ebay.

Thanks for c&p.

When your Mazda is out of warranty, Napa has the Full 2-OMD007 for much less
We heard from our Napa rep a few weeks ago that Napa is going away from the Full line. They still have stock on some numbers here and there, but this particular number is out of stock nationwide as of right now. Sucks, we liked the Full OES line and kept a bunch, including this one, in stock.

Thanks for the C&P. Bought my wife a 2024 Mazda CX-5. Found a deal on 7 OEM Mazda filters for arounf $35 shipped. BOught those as well as a few others to have in the stash, but will use the OEM while under warranty. Car only has 1500 miles on it, but may change oil soon anyway. Won't hurt.

Also, got that filter cutter on Aliexpress for $16.99 shipped. Took a couple of weeks, but looks great.

We heard from our Napa rep a few weeks ago that Napa is going away from the Full line. They still have stock on some numbers here and there, but this particular number is out of stock nationwide as of right now. Sucks, we liked the Full OES line and kept a bunch, including this one, in stock.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry:

No kidding. I've been using the 2OHY001 on my Sonatas for quite a while, looks like the last 8 in the whole corporation are all in Des Moines. 😒

I checked Napa's site, and its says "order now, pickup tomorrow" for both the 2-OHY001 and the 2-OMD007. I also checked a couple Subaru filters, and they are both listed as available tomorrow.

They're not getting to the east coast from Des Moines overnight :unsure:

To check the Des Moines area, I put in zip code 50312 on Napa's site, and most of the stores don't have it, like you said. But two stores come up as "order now, pick up tomorrow." There's a Napa in Newton and a store in Panora that can get if the next day, if either of those stores are reasonably convenient to you.

I checked Napa's site, and its says "order now, pickup tomorrow" for both the 2-OHY001 and the 2-OMD007. I also checked a couple Subaru filters, and they are both listed as available tomorrow.

They're not getting to the east coast from Des Moines overnight :unsure:

To check the Des Moines area, I put in zip code 50312 on Napa's site, and most of the stores don't have it, like you said. But two stores come up as "order now, pick up tomorrow." There's a Napa in Newton and a store in Panora that can get if the next day, if either of those stores are reasonably convenient to you.
Strange, as far as the 2OMD007 is concerned i just typed it into both napaonline.com and Napa Prolink; napaonline says Out of Stock and the order button is grayed out. Prolink shows "call store for availability", and from experience I can tell you that Prolink will show all local stores and all warehouses nationwide that have a particular part in stock.

Screenshot from 2024-01-17 19-38-24.jpg

Screenshot from 2024-01-17 19-50-55.jpg

Back