Liqui moly Motor Oil Saver piston ring cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have a 2007 Seat Leon cupra, with a engine from a VW Golf R20, 2.0T FSI, 30k miles on the engine.

Just replaced my valve cover for a new, Oem cover. The old one was cracked inside, and the PCV system runs trough the cover for tidyness of hoses i guess, also the oil seperator is in there ( stupid design as they go defective a lot in the TFSI engines ). Hopefully this is curing my oil consumption.

I have the car now for approx. 2500 miles and it used a quart to 1000 miles. i changed the oil 1000 miles after bought it with Total Quarts 5w40. the last 600 miles before i changed the valve cover it didn't use any oil strangely.

So i have 10 quarts of Shell Helix Ultra 0w40 in my garage ( similar to Pennzoil Ultra? ) and a bottle of Liqui Moly öl Verlust Stop, the german name for the Motor oil saver.

If the oil consumption stays high, will motor oil saver help loosening the piston ring pack when they're stuck? Will it do anything to a turbo seal? ofcourse i will check if the consumption is gone now before adding anything to the oil, but if i need to refill then i want to add this product if it will help any.

Car is going for a stage 2 remap end of this month, @ a appreciated tuner with a dyno ofcourse, with power going from 270hp to around 350 hp with mods that are already on the car.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: vintageant
How many km on the engine? Have you changed the PCV valve?

As stated in the OP, 30K on the engine! Have a BSH Revamp PCV delete blockoff plate, that eliminates the original PCV valve, and the rear PCV check valve is removed, so it works like a conventional PCV system. This is done a lot by TFSI's because the front PCV valve's can't handle boost very well.

will upload a picture of it.

@ the front right of the valve cover you see the black BSH plate, that is the front PCV blockoff. the rear PCV is now taking all of the work done. The rear check valve is removed as needed.

the camshafts during the valve cover removal

this is the car.

I use that in my high mileage Nissan and its my understanding that it's exactly what it says on the bottle, which is primarily a seal conditioner and viscosity thickener which helps oil from seeping through valve guides and seals. I don't think it will have any effect on rings

Im gonna say that the engine isnt broken in yet.

Go with a semi-syn for a few thousand miles and see if the rings seal better as they break in and polish the bore.

Sometimes engines just consume oil, especially modified boosted engines. Usually people move to a thicker oil when they're boosting high which can help consumption some on its own.

I think it's worth a try because the motor oil saver will thicken the sump

I'm carefull with semi synthetic oil on this engine because of the cam follower from the High Pressure Fuel Pump. It wears real quick on these engine and mine has an autotech uprated HPFP, thus giving even more stress on that part. Will check that evert other oil change.

If that part wears down the cam and the hpfp need replacing, $$$$

I don't mind adding a little oil now and then, rather that than compromizing the oils performance.

About the hpfp, won't LM MoS2 be helpfull for that, as this will 'plate' the follower and cam with a slick layer?

The zddp in quality oils is what forms the sacrificial layer on these parts. I am not a big fan of additives for performance but others swear by mos2 here you can probably find lots of discussions searching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back