Does risoline high mileage oil treatment actually cleans the engine?

Ah, earlier I thought you meant the high ester content and ester type might be too hard on the seals.

Good to know that wasn't it

I don't think that would hurt the seals, but someone that formulates this sort of thing would be better to ask...

If you know what you are doing and monitor/switch filters it probably is fine, but with a engine with a lot of deposits and sludge it might be a bit fast acting almost like a flush possibly clogging things up like the screen...
Slow acting. But yes, change filter early

I even called our local Cummins place and they guy had no idea what I was talking about. I gave him the part number and he said it superseded into a new number. When I typed that in it went the Premium Blue One Solution - So I have no idea where to find this.
Doesn’t sound like he looked up the new part number correctly

IMG_1788.jpeg

IMG_1787.png

Will call a Canadian branch next week just to see if they have it - out of curiosity. Doubt I’ll buy any.

It depends on which TMP ester they're using, which we (unfortunately) have no way of knowing. TMP esters, like polyol esters and other di-esters, can vary widely in their performance. It's also possible the type they use may change from time to time, depending on cost and availability.

It depends on which TMP ester they're using, which we (unfortunately) have no way of knowing. TMP esters, like polyol esters and other di-esters, can vary widely in their performance. It's also possible the type they use may change from time to time, depending on cost and availability.
Thanks. Do the esters react with the deposits, dissolve them, or something else?

The two "cleaners" in Seafoam are isopropyl alcohol and light naphtha which have boiling points of 179°F and 194°F respectively. They'll be evaporated out of the crankcase before you get 5 miles down the road, leaving you with just some pale oil dilution for the remaining 95-295 miles.
Well said! Seafoam remains content on non adding PEA to their products as they believe it takes to much of it in their opinion to do any good. It sounds like they are trying to get milk from a bull 🐂. Outdated product with highly misleading claim to low information individuals.

Is TMP Esters what Lubegard Biotech consists of also?

Esters with good cleaning properties will slowly dissolve carbonous deposits. This is unlike alcohols ("flushes") which attempt to separate the deposit from the surface, sending a chunk of carbon material through the oil system.
Agree 👍. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast. I think playing the long game of removal is safe especially if it's gunked up or gooey inside. I seen the guy in Europe who ran kerosene in that lil turbo diahatsu but pulled some fuses so it wouldn't crank over. It seemed to work, but it looked like a tedious job with lots of time on your back and probably quite a bit of a mess to clean up. I wouldn't have a concern running BG EPR but I probably don't need it as this car has had a bath 🛁 of redline,M1 and that's about it.

Back