Pennzoil making huge changes across the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wally World needs to start stocking PPHM & PU again. Been out of stock at my local stores for a while now.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
If you look though the new PYB also still is all yellow..
The other labels are not.

+1 - exactly
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: jayg
This saves them money but I can see it causing customer confusion and lots of people buying the wrong oil for a while.

That might be their unspoken intention... $$$

Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
Does that mean they all contain wax and will cause sludge? LOL

I've seen the hypothesis that the sludge rumors for Pennzoil and Quaker is that back in the olden days both detergent and non-detergent oils had very similar cans. Hopefully oil confusion won't occur again.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: jayg
This saves them money but I can see it causing customer confusion and lots of people buying the wrong oil for a while.

That might be their unspoken intention... $$$

It can go either way though. Somebody goes in to buy PP, changes their oil and realizes they just put Pennzoil dino in. "Oh well, i'll just run it"

Personally I don't care of my oil bottles are "classy" looking, I just want to tell them apart easier on the shelf.

Originally Posted By: 05LGTLtd
I still miss the clear QSUD bottles, I thought those really stood out and looked classy.

Those were the best!! You could see the contents.

PSLRT (Pennzoil Silver Label Red Text) =Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage
PSLBT (Pennzoil Silver Label Black Text) =Pennzoil Platinum

Haha

They could put the exact same oil in every single bottle and just have different labels. No one will ever know.

Originally Posted By: dkryan
Dyusik:

What is in the engine of your IS250?

4GR-FSE
DI only model, hence the quest for low noack

Originally Posted By: mclasser
Wally World needs to start stocking PPHM & PU again. Been out of stock at my local stores for a while now.

I assume they got rid of most of their old style PP/PU jugs 1-2 weeks ago during the $19.97 sales. Now they are probably waiting for these new style jugs to refill the shelves.

Quote:
Those two bottles on the far left don't have any room on the label to put the viscosity.

Who needs viscosity listed when the only one available will be 0w-16?

Originally Posted By: Run
They could put the exact same oil in every single bottle and just have different labels. No one will ever know.

Those of us who do a VOA would be able to tell by the difference in additive package potency

I hope you are correct about this 69GTX. Otherwise it will be like finding one of these:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back