Pennzoil Platinum 15 years or 500,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

TkVoice

Pennzoil Platinum protects engines for 15 years or 500,000 miles.

So I only need to do an oil change every 15 years?

Wow!!! how can they make this claim? and will Pennzoil pay for a new engine if it blows up before I make it to 15 years?

Wow!!! how can they make this claim? and will Pennzoil pay for a new engine if it blows up before I make it to 15 years?

Folks here like to push the limit - try 20 years or 750k …

So Manufacturers print all sorts of things to cover their butt. like "change oil oil every 3000 miles or every 3 months". Is this actually practical or absolute? What if a guy drives 50000 mile in 3 months or what if a guy only drives 3000 miles per year?

My newer Silverado must have a oil sensor built in as it has a percent oil life remaining. Chevy says to watch that oil life indicator and change the oil before it reaches 0% oil life.

Since the pandemic I don't drive as much as I used to as our company allows me to work from home. I put about 3000 miles per year on the truck as I have a Honda Civic that I use mainly (way cheaper to fill the tank). So I was thinking I should use some sort of long-life oil like this Pennzoil and change oil every 2nd year regardless of % oil remaining reading.

me thinks you need to read the fine print..

50,000 miles in three months is quite a feat.
yeah, it is... even my car hauler friend would have a hard time doing 50k in 6 months, and he commonly went from Ohio to either Texas or Florida once a week...

I used to commute about 50k a year....
225 miles a day, 4 days a week.. did that for 8 years
oil change every 10k or about every 3 months.

Lock time. This is clearly a trolling attempt. The poster misrepresents the guarantee, which includes the following:

“Up to 15 years or 500,000 miles, whichever comes first, guaranteed, if you exclusively use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum™ Full Synthetic motor oil, Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil, and Pennzoil Platinum® High Mileage Full Synthetic motor oil. Your engine must have less than 125,000 miles and been manufactured in the past 72 months. To maintain your warranty, change your vehicle’s oil and oil filter at least as often as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Enrollment required. Keep your receipts.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back