Royal Purple 10-2876 Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is from my wife's Mazda CX-5, with about 6,500 miles on the filter. It was sitting outside for a couple of days drying out, so ignore the wind-blown debris. Very robust filter, as expected. The brown smears on the end caps are excess glue. The filter area between the end-caps is only about 1.25 inches, so it is a small filter. Not sure I want to run it much past 7,500 miles. The car holds 5 qts.

I also run RP in my Tacoma.

As the saying goes, once you go purple, you never go back. Or something like that.

IMG_3319.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for posting, i am using a rp 10-454 in a big block engine and thinking of running to about 10k- all highway miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JerryBob
Not sure I want to run it much past 7,500 miles.

I ran one out to 20k on a 2009 Altima once. It looked fantastic after I cut it open and I never would have been scared to go a little longer after seeing that. I did not do that again just for peace of mind, but RP's can take it.

Hey JerryBob do you room for the bigger 10-2067?? It has the same bypass setting and same metric size fitment.
These RP filters made by Champion Lab are quite good and could go up to 20k miles.
Good job here with your cut and post.

Quote:
Looks like it's got the controversial slits in the center tube instead of holes . . .

'IF' controversial it would be in the same controversial vein as running 5w30 instead of 10w30, even in a vehicle specing the latter, or the former.
grin.gif

Unsurprisingly this one looks good to my eye at 6500 miles and I'm thinking just getting started at that oci/fci. One can't directly compare synthetic media area to cellulose or blend type when it comes to area. As said here often, synthetic is a depth type media and while this application is on the small side (6607?) there's lots of holding capacity vs equivalent cellulose media. In well maintained engines as I'm sure the OP has, 10k miles even on this size filter no problem imo. At least if I choose to do it I'd have no worries.

Got the classic Champ Labs blue button bypass, even used on the former Super Tech line, ST7317 as example.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Looks like it's got the controversial slits in the center tube instead of holes . . .

Yes. Baldwin and Hastings have relied on whipping up controversy as a sales strategy for years.
whistle.gif

Not sure it would fit. There is a plastic panel (the entire underside has cowling) that I need to take off to change the oil and filter, and there may not be enough room for a larger filter.

Paint is paint to some extent - but wonder if the purple ADV adds cost to the expensive filter ?

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
What is the efficiency rating of this filter?

99% at 25u (about 98.7% at 20u like AMSOIL EAO oil filters )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back