2016 Durango Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Just got back from the dealer, wife traded in her '06 Charger on it. We've kept the Expedition, which I'll drive as my winter beater.

It is a 2016 Limited with UConnect 8.4, rear LCD displays, leather, heated seats, front and back, as well as heated wheel. Gorgeous truck! Now we need to get some snow tires for it, as winter decided to show up today
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
3.6 or hemi?

We went for the 3.6L. We've had two HEMI's: the 6.4L in my SRT and my wife's R/T had the 350HP 5.7L, however since she never tows anything and it will be her daily, we couldn't justify the extra cost or fuel consumption. The 3.6L has tons of get-up and go and winds right up, so it will be more than adequate for her usage profile. The 8spd transmission complements it extremely well, keeping it in its power band.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Those are really nice. You didn't even get it home and it's dirty..yuck.

(85 here today and loving it.)

Yeah, we've had a few as rentals and they were our first choice when we started looking. Originally she was looking at a Journey but the Durango offered more space and just felt like a better vehicle driving them back-to-back.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Nice! Too bad it has to see winter.

4x4?

AWD (no 4x4 selector). It is basically a stretched Jeep Grand Cherokee in Dodge dress, as was pointed out to me by a poster on here back when we first were looking at them.

Yeah, unfortunately it will get salt exposure, so she'll be getting sprayed within the next week or so to hopefully prevent rust on it.

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
So it has quadratrac?

If that's the Jeep name for it on the JGC, then yup, LOL!

Can you post some before and after rust spray? We don't have that down here, want to so see what it looks like

Certainly.

Nice, good luck!

But I have to ask... you mentioned it was a "truck". Is it really a truck? Didn't it become a unibody car-based vehicle?

I'm no enemy of unibody. I just associate "trucks" as BOF.

Good looking whatever it is
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Nice, good luck!

But I have to ask... you mentioned it was a "truck". Is it really a truck? Didn't it become a unibody car-based vehicle?

I'm no enemy of unibody. I just associate "trucks" as BOF.

Good looking whatever it is
smile.gif

You are right, it really isn't a "truck", it is a unit-body SUV, which I believe has always been the case with the JGC, but didn't used to be the case for the Durango IIRC, back when it was more truck-based.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
So it has quadratrac?

If that's the Jeep name for it on the JGC, then yup, LOL!

No its not quadratrac. Its actually just a cheap 3 wheel spin system. Good for road driving. Not so good for off road. Not that anybody takes a durango off road.

I have a AWD Durango. Its a nice vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back