Fram Filter Bashing Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
That guy is an idiot. It's too bad there's people out there like him who use that junk all the time in an engine and then sell a used car.

I went and looked at a Toyota Matrix earlier this year for my mom. The guy was also an idiot. He said to use engine flushes before every oil change to clean out the sludge. He also said that that engine will last a long time, much longer than the one in my Camry because it is a lighter weight car than my Camry and it doesn't have to work as hard. He said my Camry's engine was probably only good for 180,000 miles (had over 200k on it when I drove it over there). He also said the car was always dealer maintained. He kept repeating that. During the test drive I looked up and saw the Walmart oil change sticker on the windshield from 2 years before. Needless to say I didn't buy the car.

I can't remember if it was here I read it or on another car forum,but there was someone who'd flush his engine with WATER every oil change,using a garden hose haha!! Anyone remember if that was someone here? This was many years ago.

That guy obviously doesn't hang out here ... unless he's one of the Fram hating trolls. "John Candy" = Fram hater.
grin.gif

He refers to the ADBV as the "plastic flap". He doesn't understand why a filter might still be full of oil after sitting all night ... he thinks there's something wrong with that. Wonder what his reaction would have been if it was a Purolator that had big tears in the media due to high delta-p from the loading of sludge.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I can't remember if it was here I read it or on another car forum,but there was someone who'd flush his engine with WATER every oil change,using a garden hose haha!! Anyone remember if that was someone here? This was many years ago.
That was GHT lol! Well actually he poured a gallon of water in through the brake booster vacuum hose

Originally Posted By: duckboy55
who reuses used oil?

In his case, that's actually about the only reasonable thing he's considered doing.

If you think about it, he said that he just changed the oil from his other car, and that he took Mobil-1 out and it was in "fairly decent shape" which, by any reasonable measure would likely be MUCH better than what was in there. I'd wager that the used M1 from his other car would probably be sufficient for a very short run in this truck to clean out some [censored].

In all honesty, even if he put PYB or Supertech, or whatever, in there.. after a couple minutes, it would be completely loaded with sludge.. so why not use the used M1 in it to just help clean out some of the crud?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
That guy obviously doesn't hang out here ... unless he's one of the Fram hating trolls. "John Candy" = Fram hater.
grin.gif

He refers to the ADBV as the "plastic flap". He doesn't understand why a filter might still be full of oil after sitting all night ... he thinks there's something wrong with that. Wonder what his reaction would have been if it was a Purolator that had big tears in the media due to high delta-p from the loading of sludge.

Thats what I caught - guy didnt know what the ADBV was or what it did.

Dave

One of the members here uses "Mobil 2". He runs it one car then puts in another car he cares less about. Really nothing wrong with it really because the Mobil 1 has like 5k miles on it I think. So, there's life in the Mobil 2 for the other car.

Last edited:
Invite him to this thread........ that would be great!

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Well, I commented on the video, pointed out the flaws in his logic, etc.. and, of course, he replied. Considering the very first line in his reply, I almost wonder if he's a troll here on BITOG:

2is9uz7.jpg

Who feels like joining in on this discussion on the video page? I think it might prove entertaining to "educate" this idiot a bit.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
Found some more 'experts' doing oil flushes for that darned sludge. Enjoy.

Well I will say this.. If I was only given the three options above, at least the ATF flush would be the LEAST likely to cause serious long term damage to the engine.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
Found some more 'experts' doing oil flushes for that darned sludge. Enjoy.

Well I will say this.. If I was only given the three options above, at least the ATF flush would be the LEAST likely to cause serious long term damage to the engine.

More reasons to perform your own maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back