Avoid Anchor brand engine/trans mounts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bowlofturtle
I ordered Anchor and filled it with POLY. Its been a week but so far so good. OEM broke within a year, DEA branded lasted 6 months. Anchor cost me $10 and $10 for the poly.

^This^

I bought a pair of OEM automatic mounts to swap in while I poly filled my original 5mt mounts with 3M window adhesive. One $11 tube filled both mounts after removing some rubber and draining the fluid. They're still hoding up after two years of daily driving.

oldmounts_zps527dcb5f.jpg

oldmountscut_zpsbad9e1ca.jpg

windowurethane_zpsb1c1ea1f.jpg

mount3_zpsbb2bd3ad.jpg

Last edited:
OEM or nothing which really sucks if its a $700 hydraulic active mount but there is no other option that will last longer than a wet noodlee.

Just purchased an OEM dogbone mount for my sis 04 Camry V6. Purchased from partznet for about 70 bucks. I see other OEM mounts range from 90 to 110, may need to change those at a later date. I see rockauto prices range from 20 to 50 for similar mounts.

You did right with that, in the end its coming out cheaper than using cheap worthless junk if your labor has any value whatsoever.
For normal street cars nothing beats OE, poly can rattle your teeth out with vibration (some are better than others), aftermarkets fail or don't have the correct durometer compound and are either too soft and allows too much engine movement that can cause drive line vibrations and noise or too hard causing excess vibrations, its just not worth messing with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back