2014 Suzuki V-Strom DL650A L3 - Motul 7100 10W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

Same oil, same sample. Two very different results on elements, viscosity and fuel dilution.

blackstone%20UOA_zpsdb3mg5ke.png
horizon%20UOA_zpswabogxbh.png

[[]]

Hi,
Actually I am kind of impressed the two labs came as close as they did in the test results.
As far as wear metals they were almost spot on in perfect agreement, I mean, that is the purpose of the "test"

Yes, there is 10% variation in the test results on the additives between the two companies and certainly room for improvement, I would love to know which one was more accurate *L*

AS far as fuel, my only question would be what the OC thing is, are we comparing apples to apples?
Im also surprised the viscosity difference, to me, no excuse for the variation there, but what do I know?

Anyway, for me, I am relieved that the wear metals are as close as they are between the two labs.
Now why the 10% difference on the other stuff, eh, I dont know, just wish I knew which lab was more accurate. :eek:) ...

Last edited:
Hi.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Different testing machines.

Yes, maybe. But there are differences sometimes bigger than 10%. It's huge for those hightech machines.

[[]]

Originally Posted By: ReDaLeRt
Hi.

Different testing machines.

Yes, maybe. But there are differences sometimes bigger than 10%. It's huge for those hightech machines.

[[]]
Is there a standard for a calibrating fluid?

Hi.

Is there a standard for a calibrating fluid?

Good question. But I'm sure that issue is solved by itself on the ASTM and ISO standards.

So much for consistency, repeatability and reproducibility...

[[]]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back